Other ventures????????????

skyhuck

Our County Council have just cut the ‘Shredder-Man’ service. It was a county-wide service travelling to local residents shredding garden waste using a Green-mech mounted shredder. There is now a large, loyal, customer base and no Shredder-man service.

Got to be an opportunity for someone!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A transit and chipper with a couple of lads doing hedges, smaller jobs while you and another carry out the more technical stuff will be far easier to manage and make money from than trying an entirely alien project.

Thats what I did, it was a real PITA.

They damaged the vehicle and did not tell me, put neat fuel in the hedge cutters, petrol in a diesel landy, took 4 hours to do a job I've been doing in 1.5 hours for years.

Sent them to an emergency council call out, windblown Oak blocking residents drive, get a call from them, it need a crane etc and may not be do able, I get there took 4 hours start to finish with just a saw and chipper.

Arriving late meaning I leave late.

I now only have one lad with me.

They damaged the vehicle and did not tell me, put neat fuel in the hedge cutters, petrol in a diesel landy, took 4 hours to do a job I've been doing in 1.5 hours for years.

Sent them to an emergency council call out, windblown Oak blocking residents drive, get a call from them, it need a crane etc and may not be do able, I get there took 4 hours start to finish with just a saw and chipper.

sounds about normal

Thats the number 1 reason I jacked contracting in, you just couldn't get the staff, and all I could see was me slogging my guts out till i'm 60...

Anyone who thinks running a tree firm is easy, cannot be doing it properly!

Bleedin ell you paint a poor picture of British workers mate, no wonder the Pols are doing so well :001_smile:

i am not painting the picture, i am looking at it thinking its crap, half done, twice the price and the brushes are all hard because they couldnt be arsed soaking them at the end of the day:thumbdown::001_smile:

You know what maybe its a regional thing.

Just having a think and nearly all the lads I have worked with that I would employ would have been from Liverpool, nearly all the other lazy gits have been out of towners if ya like. Never really noticed that before tbh and I aint taking the piss, not all of them mind but a higher proportion.

Dunno what happened to me though since I am the laziest one out of the lot :001_cool:

Dave, are you happy you`re getting the absolute maximum out of your current set-up with only two of you?

What about this:

No extra kit and No employees.

One full day, mid-week, on your own doing quotes. Plus Sat a.m. when needed.

Four days actual work - `caining it, with you, two freelance climbers and one freelance groundie.

Dave, are you happy you`re getting the absolute maximum out of your current set-up with only two of you?

What about this:

Four days actual work - `caining it, with you, two freelance climbers and one freelance groundie.

if the workers are on peace work and the weather is always good and you get no daily snags and all jobs are right beside each other it could work and every one gets paid one week after the boss.

Edited by Stephen Blair

What about this:

thats the only way i'd go if i was running a team

What about this:

Sounds like a logistics nightmare!!!!:scared1:

We make good use of the kit, most days.