New 550xp

Brooklandsbob

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All this chat about an 18" bar on a 550 and I was starting to worry i,d wasted my money getting this as a second bar. So had to put the new 18" bar onto the 2 week old 550 just to see if it was a runner. So........it's a match made in heaven. Perfect cutting ability, through, eucalyptus, some ash and a few macrocarpa rings. Full depth, flat out - very impressed. :thumbup1:

All this chat about an 18" bar on a 550 and I was starting to worry i,d wasted my money getting this as a second bar. So had to put the new 18" bar onto the 2 week old 550 just to see if it was a runner. So........it's a match made in heaven. Perfect cutting ability, through, eucalyptus, some ash and a few macrocarpa rings. Full depth, flat out - very impressed. :thumbup1:

Good to hear the 18" is working well for you. Looking forwards to trying my Sugihara 18" on some chunky hornbeam.... that'll be a test :thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

I have 18 and 13 for mine and have only used the 13 for 1 day In 18 months. Love it on the 18 and it does just fine, great for cutting bigger timber in the tree too due to the light weight of the saw. Just bought a sugi light type in 18" to replace the original bar :)

I have 18 and 13 for mine and have only used the 13 for 1 day In 18 months. Love it on the 18 and it does just fine, great for cutting bigger timber in the tree too due to the light weight of the saw. Just bought a sugi light type in 18" to replace the original bar :)

I shall dig out my 18" .325 bar. I've had the 15 on my 550 it cuts like a 357 with a 15. However i love my 13" bar on my 550.