HELP with pricing

Andyd1606

Hi everyone I've recently started out on my own and I'm finding the hardest part is pricing the job. I'm generally near enough on the money but always worry I'm pricing incorrectly and won't get the job. I don't over charge and try to be fair with the price I'm thinking of the long term custom rather than the short term gain.

With this in mind I went and looked at a job yesterday which involves dismantling and removing two large chestnut trees. The customer has the potential to have a lot more work in the future as he he has a large amount of land.

I'm after some advice on what people think is a fair price to do the job. I know there will always be some variation just want to know if I'm in the ball park.

There would be 3 of us on the job 1 climber 2 groundies all brash to be chipped and logs left in suitable place on site.

The trees are on the side of the road but at least 75% of them are not overhanging and branches can be dropped into the small forest area. The branches on the road side will need to be rigged but there aren't many to do. I have attached a couple of photos of the two trees.

Thanks in advance

image.jpg.1ddfc1f6a8b203ca822fdde34d4651e8.jpg

I like what you did there IC trees :thumbup1: I've priced it at £1400 for both trees to be removed. Should be a day per tree I reckon, access is good on site and logs don't have to be moved very far. I have attached a pic of the second tree which doesn't seem to have uploaded.

Bloody ivy it's the bane of my life at the moment every tree I do seems to be covered!!

image.jpg.9ffe4498fe20f560f78a804c0c15093a.jpg

Yeah my overheads are fairly low at the moment I aim for the same pricing per day £650 - £750. I don't pay anyone full time as I am using subbies until I build up enough business

It doesn't matter if your overheads are low now. They will rise and if you don't charge enough now, clients won't accept your future price hike.

Charge as much as you possibly can and feel good about it.

You will still be undercharging compared to a plumber who has to pay for a box of screwdrivers, a small van and drinks tea all day.

My mate does exactly that and charges £70 per hour and it's not exactly hard work is it!