pick up truck but whuch one?

Ian Clarke

I don't know about the newer ones but I never felt uncomfortable in the drivers seat of my old one for a couple of hours at a time. I'm 6ft 5 and built for comfort, not for speed, so you can see there is plenty of room. Unlike a Defender, I could drive it with the window up. :biggrin:

I agree, I'm 6ft 1, and drove it from mine (nr Bournemouth) to Taunton in Somerset to see my grandparents. It's only a 70 mile trip either way but I was fine. I felt it comfortable, and was going 70 mph easily enough. :) that's with a load of woodchip on as well which they wanted for their allotments!

Mazda B2500 = highly recommended from me :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reason in particular about the Navara?[/quote

I know a lot of people to have issues with them. Going through clutches at an alarming rate and even when they uprated the clutch it did not last more than a year! Also the engines went pop prematurely. There were other problems that Ican't remember. I believe these problems are sorted now and they were not there with the early models.

I have an 08 ranger which I have had from new. It has been a good motor for me with not any major issues apart from a self inflicting one!! I have done about 115k which includes towing the 1200kg schliesing a lot. Not bad off road, same as any other of these types, hi-lux, l200 etc, though does not have elec diff lock. I also had an 06 ranger which was probably a better motor work wise/built, but not nearly as comfortable to drive. The 08 one is much better on fuel, with less revs at same speed. If I was to choose between the 2, I would go for the 08 but any sensible person might go for the 06.

I would steer clear of the Navara's.

I have an immaculate 07 Thunder Double Cab Ranger for sale, leather seats, air con, roll top cover.... Great comfy truck, done only 66k, 12 months MOT and fully serviced. It's had an easy life hence the unblemished paintwork! On eBay and auto trader next week. PM me for further details, Cheers Ian

Cheers for the advice jltree.

Yorkshire brummie I am not able to buy a truck right now so thank you but im out but maybey Normandy lumberjack could be interested as he had said he was looking for something similar to what im looking for.

So far my conclusions are Mazda ford or toyota