forestry planning permission

I feel for you were going through something similar at the moment,an enforcement appeal ,it's all loaded against you I'm afraid as they class it as commercial use of a woodland,it's the commercial element that they don't like ,which is daft in these so called "green renewable times".we explored getting a consultant in but at 5-7k in fees it was just not wort h it.

We've been using our woodland which is 3 acres for splitting firewood for our own domestic use and selling any surplus from our own arb business for 17 years but it only takes one complaint or git of a neighbour .i suspect many arb firms are using yards farms etc without any consent.good luck did you get consent for your shed under permitted development?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought it " reasonably necessary " to enable you to earn a crust and feed and clothe your family . Bloody bonkers all these jobs worths that are full of piss and importance . I thought encouraging new business was the way to go !

unfortunately there's a lot of people buying small pieces of land and putting a caravan on it and arguing the same thing. Which makes it difficult for the planners

what really pee`s me off ,is they use our tax payers money to fight us! had a fight over my allotment last yr,took 9mths of meetings,letters bouncing back and forth, and in the end I won, do your research, find out what they would allow? might mean taking the barn down for a bit, dont presume the guy in the office totally knows what hes talking about! my locally council guy got his arse chewed off and had to give me my planning application money back as we didnt actually need it! good luck and keep researching options.

I feel for you were going through something similar at the moment,an enforcement appeal ,it's all loaded against you I'm afraid as they class it as commercial use of a woodland,it's the commercial element that they don't like ,which is daft in these so called "green renewable times".we explored getting a consultant in but at 5-7k in fees it was just not wort h it.

We've been using our woodland which is 3 acres for splitting firewood for our own domestic use and selling any surplus from our own arb business for 17 years but it only takes one complaint or git of a neighbour .i suspect many arb firms are using yards farms etc without any consent.good luck did you get consent for your shed under permitted development?

17 years you say if you can demonstrates over four years of continues change of use it might be inappropriate for the council to take enforcement action. The following blog is really helpful for planning law;

Martin Goodall's Planning Law Blog

You will still need to get an RTPI planner for help maybe from an open planning scheme or Planning Advisory Services (PAS);

Home | PAS

Remember an LPA (local planning authority) might call it self a planning services but they (we) are an authority. It's an LPA's legal duty to determine and regulise planning legislations and regulations within keeping of the law.

I would have thought it " reasonably necessary " to enable you to earn a crust and feed and clothe your family . Bloody bonkers all these jobs worths that are full of piss and importance . I thought encouraging new business was the way to go !

They aren't saying you cant earn a crust, they are saying you are going to have to do that somewhere else, my yard is on commercial land, they don't bother me.

Planning Aid can help. Check if the council has update policies like NPPF. FOI to see complete case file and who complained on what legal basis. Write to the council CE and involve the local media.

Thanks for the reply, without sounding to dumb you couldnt explain what NPPF are please!?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, without sounding to dumb you couldnt explain what NPPF are please!?

Thanks

National Planning Policy Framework https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/making-the-planning-system-work-more-efficiently-and-effectively/supporting-pages/national-planning-policy-framework

:001_smile:

p.s... you aren't dumb, the whole planning system is CC (complex and confusing).