Squealing Jensen A430T

Arborjesus

Hi. I'm presuming I have a flywheel bearing on the way out, but I thought I'd ask. Intermittent squealing which doesn't stop when the feed rollers are stopped. Worse the longer the chippers running. Better when cooled down.

Does anyone know what bearings I should be ordering? its 2004.

Thanks.

Hi. I'm presuming I have a flywheel bearing on the way out, but I thought I'd ask. Intermittent squealing which doesn't stop when the feed rollers are stopped. Worse the longer the chippers running. Better when cooled down.

Does anyone know what bearings I should be ordering? its 2004.

Thanks.

Could also be slipping belts . Think there are 3 ?

The Flywheel still turns very smoothly and takes ages to slow down, which is why I have a small bit of doubt about it being the bearings.

Dosn't mean a toss.

Get a bar inbetween the Rotor and feed roller assembly and leaver to and fro.Then side to side,feeling for play.You might not feel anything so have someone watch the shaft and see if it moves.If it does,then its new bearing time.

Another thing that could be making the sound,does the Rotor shaft have a collar on it?Between the Rotor and inboard bearing?Sometimes chip gets jammed under them,preventing them from spinning freely and producing a high pitch squealing noise.

Dosn't mean a toss.

Get a bar inbetween the Rotor and feed roller assembly and leaver to and fro.Then side to side,feeling for play.You might not feel anything so have someone watch the shaft and see if it moves.If it does,then its new bearing time.

Another thing that could be making the sound,does the Rotor shaft have a collar on it?Between the Rotor and inboard bearing?Sometimes chip gets jammed under them,preventing them from spinning freely and producing a high pitch squealing noise.

Thanks. That's confirmed it is the bearings. Now trying to find where to get them.....

Be very careful how you pull the bearings, they are not self aligning and if you distort the housing when tne new ones go in they can be skewed enough to cause problems.

Thanks. Sounds like good advise. I've been advised to pack the space between the flywheel and the casing to stop that area from being pulled with bearing / shaft and collapsing.