43 members have voted

1. 1. Stihl MS290 or Husky 365 special

• ms290
    • 365 special

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures match up with Husqvarna by the looks of it by what the advert says...

HOWEVER..

It is listed as having the zama carb not a walbro which was what where only on the pre 2003 saws.

Personally as said I would pay a few quid more and not just get a genuine saw but you will get warrantee etc to. For the extra £30 I would avoid all the hassle of not knowing what you buying over the net and be messed around.

Hi,

I bought 365xp 70cc with 20" bar from FR Jones for just over £500 recently

I cant think of one reason why you would buy from E-bay as opposed to supporting a really first class dealer & thats an opinion shared by many on Arbtalk not just mine. Id certainly buy from them again.

Husqvarna 365 X Torq chainsaw (70.7cc) | F R Jones and Son

Just my thoughts

All the best

N

Edited by NFG

I didn't realise. Mr Jones did them for that price!

Anyway just an update.

Got a mail back from them today.

It said that they had ordered 10 more saws today and would update the ad when they arrive with more pics.

Basically i don't think they have any in stock. Otherwise they would give me a serial number!!!. Just collecting money before they buy some. Whether they are genuine or not, who knows. I have told them this.

Anybody fancy contacting them and asking probing questions. Lets weasel them out. I will report their ad as dodgy tonight. Hopefully they will have to remove it

Atb

I didn't realise. Mr Jones did them for that price!

Anyway just an update.

Got a mail back from them today.

It said that they had ordered 10 more saws today and would update the ad when they arrive with more pics.

Basically i don't think they have any in stock. Otherwise they would give me a serial number!!!. Just collecting money before they buy some. Whether they are genuine or not, who knows. I have told them this.

Anybody fancy contacting them and asking probing questions. Lets weasel them out. I will report their ad as dodgy tonight. Hopefully they will have to remove it

Atb

Hi

Always worth calling/checking the site sponsors here & quoting Arbtalk, anyway, I wouldnt bother with Ebay unless proven beyond all doubt.

What they may be doing is posting a picture of the original item & selling copies, who knows?

So dont waste any more time, give Jonesie or one of the other sponsors here a call & support a good company and a guarantee/warranty with your new saw to boot :thumbup:.

N

Yes, but if so, it wouldn't say "Special" on it.

I think I would sooner have the special than the X torque . The special is tried and tested and you can rely on it . The new X torque seems to be having a few problems by some accounts . As I understand it it needs some work on the transferees and it becomes a 372XP . Because of this I cant see the point of it really ....