Chinese chainsaws - anybody done proper reviews

ArthurBottlesworth

Apparently the only thing from china worth a look is mitox. Its a shame they cant get their quality up as their labour rates are on the floor. Cheap skilled labour and quality components they could stand a chance when lets face it how good is the european stuff now. Everyone on here is picking through through the product lists trying to find something that does not pack up after a week.

I am just wondering .........

Chinese cars were crap 10 years ago ....but well on way up now

Agreed ebay full of crap because dealers importing crap

But is there anything good out there that matches stihl n husky quality?

Thats not being imported here?

Be nice if some ebay importers commented

I just wondered ........

Apparently the only thing from china worth a look is mitox. Its a shame they cant get their quality up as their labour rates are on the floor. Cheap skilled labour and quality components they could stand a chance when lets face it how good is the european stuff now. Everyone on here is picking through through the product lists trying to find something that does not pack up after a week.

a coppicer friend has mitox has a 50cc saw had it for a few years paid £160 still going strong uses it for big fallen timber has a 38cc for coppicing his last one lasted over two years and a fault developed with carb parts to fix made it not worth it so got a new one kept the old one in case he needs spares

i beleive they have a 2 year warrenty on them so has to worth a punt. buying and trying one cheaper than the other big two

As professional users, until there is a suite of saws for our needs, a local, trusted dealer, a years professional warranty on each saw, spare parts or replacement saws immediately available they won't get my business.

Within certain reasonable limits the cost of a professional piece of equipment or tool should not really be a factor. Typically, one can rely on both Stihl and Husky to do the job you ask of them. (Yes they break from time to time but then so do most things.) Buy a cheap saw and it only has to let you down once or twice and it could well cost you more in lost time than buying a decent one in the first place.

I'm asking because i've been told chinese manufacturing has invested in new machines and they are building to better standards than europe .....but possibly not better design ..... In which case its sensible for them to copy european machines

There a sugestion that stihl carburettors are now chinese .....if they can make carbs they can surely make the whole thing ....

There are lots of dirt cheapsaws such as chainsaw , Buy chainsaw Direct from China Manufacturers and Suppliers. Find Made In China chainsaw Products - China-Direct-Buy.com. which suggest the saws we're seeing are coming in at $50 each to ebay sellers

but what about chinese users there must be a demand in china for a high quality saw .....

i was just reading through arthur's posting with the link to the chinese saws and i noticed a 070 copy there for sale a question how close is it to the original is that a copy photo , and the saw is completely different if the dimensions are the same as the original saw there would be some new panels to renovate and old saw lying in somebody's shed

just a thought :thumbup::thumbup:

I was talking to some guy a few years ago who bought 90hp tractor from china at half price of massey

Said tractor was ok but importer useless, he contacted china direct and said spares delivered in 3 days .......

Our local thai orders veg from thailand on tuesday, delivered on pallet at end of week

Its a shrinking world ....... But I just want to know peoples views, not looking to set up a business or anything........

Bottom line seems to be nobody knows......

stuff coming out of china's quality depends on what is asked for, pay for sh1t, get sh1t, pay for quality, get quality...some of the best machining centres are now being built with castings and components built in china, same with all ranges of tools, sadly with the quality problems in both husky and sthil over the last couple of years its only a matter of time before were all using chinese saws and kit

Thinking about this overnight

Wonder if we should compare on price not spec....

So if you could compare £500 chinese saw against £500 husky etc how would they stack up?

Comparing £80 aldi chainsaw against £500 husky just aint fair ......

Problem is there isn't a £500 chinese saw I'm aware of........