Stupid Stihl petrol cap

urbandekay

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess Stihl should have made a separate range of saws with the old "simple" screw caps, for those who struggle with complex things, they could call it the………………."Dim range" :lol::laugh1::lol::biggrin:

I'll tell my groundie that, he'll pee himself........then hunt you down and kill you lololololol

as said before the flip caps are great.

i always have problems with the screw types after the groundies have been at them.

it is as though they have had an impact gun on them!

Yup, then they muller the slot with the end of a combi spanner and it starts leaking through the hole they made.

The flip caps aren't perfect but the screw caps leave a lot to be desired as well.

When all is said and done if you haven't got your "head in the game" up to managing something as simple as a flip cap you probably don't have any business going any further with a chainsaw.:001_rolleyes:

A few times I've had to make a wooden cap due to groundies slicing the old plastic ones in half with the combi key,

The dim range, they'd be sold out for twice the price :)

That's what happens when you try to open a flip top with a combi tool.

Never had a problem with a flip cap in 7 years, screw caps give me no end of grief replaced more of those than flips, usual because guys wrench em tight with a combi a big problem when the saw is warm then cools down, finger tight FINGER TIGHT!

Thank god for flippy caps.