My sob story

Andymacp9

4 months old and it fails and dealer says its wrong mix. have they had the fuel tested. and do they have the report to back there findings that it was your fault.

i would go back to the dealer and ask this if they canhave a report. if not

then under the sale of goods act 1979 para 14 th goods are not fit for the job.

ask that they repair saw free of charge. replace saw, or refund your money.

if they refuse all these options. then have the saw checked by a independent schain saw repairer. have the fuel checked. and if the fuel is ok. take them to the small claims court. if you have the evidence that it was not the fuel or your misuse of the saw they will have to reimburse you in full plus costs and a loss of pay going to court plus getting the reports done.

i know you can get it fixed but why pay out for a new saw to be repaired if no fault of yours.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what your saying but can't really see how it would be the companies fault, it wasn't scored when they sold it to me.

Getting the saw sent away for testing then taking them to small claims court is not really going to be worth all the hassle and will end up costing more than a repair.

Hi Eddie

Cheers for the thought, can you pm me your best prices please.

Do people run all their saws on aspen or just the top handles or just the big saws ?

Thanks

Hi,

Email me your post code or use our dealer map on the website to find your local dealer. It is up to dealers what deal they do you and we want all sales to go though deals from now on.

I am always here for Aspen help.

Kind regards

Eddie

Unfortunately I can't afford a Spud fix

So have a mechanic friend who says he can clean out the cylinder with a tool he has and I've bought a piston.

Once it's fitted I'll let you know how she runs.

Don't let him run a rough hone through the cylinder it will take the Nicasil plating off and the cylinder will be scrap. It needs very careful attention with something to remove the aluminium deposited by the piston then something like 200 grit wet and dry with some light oil to finish it.

That's what he said a hone type thing.

Not the answer then ?

No, these are plated bores. You need to get the aluminium off chemically, check whether the plating is intact (if not it's scrap) and then lightly rub down (I would go finer than 200grit, more like 400) around the cylinder, not up and down.

Alec