Whats all the fuss about ?

Bundle 2

On more than one occasion i've had to try veeeeery hard to be diplomatic as some yummy mummy has brought in tears stained letters from the chil'en, but when you actually see the kids they're, like, bovvered :sneaky2:

Bet they'd be the first to try and sue if a failing tree squished their little dahlings..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dislike the way they bring their young children along to chant......theres a handful of adults with probably little else to do, and a bunch of kids who have absolutely no understanding of whats going on and are just having a "fun day out" making a nuisance of themselves.....almost a case of adults exploiting their kids IMO

Probably on benefits too, nowt better to do than jump on the latest anti-establishment band-wagon, chucked some money for booze and fags to bribe them to be vocal. Stop their benefits and send em litter pickin or something beneficial to the community.:001_tt2:

Probably on benefits too, nowt better to do than jump on the latest anti-establishment band-wagon, chucked some money for booze and fags to bribe them to be vocal. Stop their benefits and send em litter pickin or something beneficial to the community.:001_tt2:

Hey, not a bad idea! I could do with a new hobby, as i'm one of the cursed dole scroungers at the moment :001_tongue:

Hey, not a bad idea! I could do with a new hobby, as i'm one of the cursed dole scroungers at the moment :001_tongue:

You could start by picking up some of them doggy bags full of dog muck, really gets my goat that, they'd be better not picking it up, at least it would decompose.. :001_smile:

Oh, sorry..... thought it was the rant thread again :001_tongue:

I have no time whatsoever for tree protesters.

Cost my firm and a local building company a lot of stress headaches and money by putting a stop to a development which required removing "100's of trees" (mostly self set syc's and the odd old past tis best pop)

Place was an absolute mess with druggies using it daily.

What did they achieve? Nothing! unless you count the fact that it cost us all money (I didnt get paid for my wasted time) and the local builder was forced to sell the development on to cut his losses.

An out of town very large company firm came in flattened the place (knocked down way more trees than planned)and built the same development on it anyway!

Anyhow whinge over (I always seem to have something to complain about, think I need to lighten up :sad:)

Regarding the oak gotta agree with whats already been said really probably a big lack of understanding on the protesters part since nothing, as far as I could make out was said was why the tree was being removed :confused1:

Meripilus I think. This was discussed on UKTC last week for a full low down.

Thanks Gibbon, hope no ones mistaken it for Grifola frondosa :sneaky2:

I'll goes take a looksee t'over at t'care site then :001_smile:

Interesting post Tim :thumbup1:

Edited by Monkey-D

Don't forget, the media is there for it's own financial gain, not out of some altruistic ideal about getting a fair account from both parties.

One of the most valuable lessons that i was ever taught, is that in LA whatever you decide will always p someone off, so get used to it.

I have, unfortunately, been involved in far too many emotive decisions like the one mentioned. As a TO, it is down to you to make the best decision for the whole community, not just appease a few tree huggers. And any negative publicity is never taken kindly by your lords n' masters - the politicians who are after the said community's vote :mad1:

The decions to fell any tree, especially a highly visual / important / valuable landmark tree is always hard to make and not undertaken without much deliberation. I know of NO TO that would remove a tree just because on the say so of one tree surgeon. A VTA and then some sort of internal examination, trying remedial works or moving the targets will always (i'd like to believe) be considered before the death warrant is signed.

Communication with the public in laymans terms is a great idea, but remember, they are all experts and we are just tree killers in it for the money.

Leave us TO's alone - we loves trees too!!!

...........yes- al very true. I'd still keep the tree tho'

K