Unimog

ben blackman

My question is why all the engine rebuilds and knackered gearboxes etc???

My tractor has had a HARD life... its done just shy of 12k hours has lugs on wheels where used to run dual wheels.....

Its just bossed 85t over the last few days.... no problems here :thumbup1:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My tractor has had a HARD life... its done just shy of 12k hours has lugs on wheels where used to run dual wheels.....

Will your tractor pull 13.5tons at 45 MPH, while carrying 3tons of chip?

The om mog engine is bomb proof, the only failures we have had x3 with them is when the rad gets blocked with crud from the chipper and no one is in the cab to see whats going on with the engine temperature so they get cooked.Gear boxes are running all day every day, when you add up the miles then the pto hours I think they are pretty tough.

Bob

We wouldent be without them you based in the area? The u140l have had about 13 year I think its a good tool works hard has an 7" ducker on the front 12m mewp

U1450 has more power and load capacity 11m mewp 10"ducker on front grate chipper

The 2150 was brought for moveing timber and big site clerance jobs

Bothe of these we had built from chassis cab buy A.C Price at a fair expense you need the work for them and it helps if you can maintain them your self if not it will be exspensive

What sort of work do you carrie out ?

Is the ul140 running a hydraulic chipper or pto ?

Mechanical pto. bumped up the price a fair bit when it was built as the chassis never had the facility. useto only have 540 output

But a few year ago had a 1:2 box put on the chipper

Edited by elliott EGD

Yours looks a nice machine I have never seen one with a pto.

Thanks it has looked better faithful old donky tho if I get the time ill get some pics off ma dads hard drive of when they had just been built up

Alot of them do have pto's these modles where aimed at the implement carrying market not manny in the uk moast are old e/l platforms u100l 's with the sprintter engein

There is a ag spec 140 on ebay looks like it had a recent spray over