Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Hope Steve doesn't mind I step a bit on his thread here:

If anyone is interested in my Mastermind ported 044 with PNW wrap and high output oiler and high output clutch cover, let me know. I got a lot of stuff going on on the farm here, and I am going to need some cash soon. She needs a new carb, but is otherwise in great condition, pushing over 210 psi as is.

Cheers,

Wes

Blimey Wes - you parting with your baby? Thought you would be taking it down the aisle with you and becoming a couple:lol:

I am sure you will find a buyer soon, nice trick porting on it!

It's going well pete, I'm still going to this saw over the other 560.... And it has not seized yet despite its over fuelling read out.

Good news then, hope it keeps up for you. It's nice to hear a success story and if it's better than before it's a double bonus. :thumbup1:

Blimey Wes - you parting with your baby? Thought you would be taking it down the aisle with you and becoming a couple:lol:

I am sure you will find a buyer soon, nice trick porting on it!

All hell broke loose whilst I was away... :( We now have a lot of work to do here.

Bet that is messing with your playboy lifestyle, I thought I saw you in the pits at the Australian F1 GP with a hottie on your arm but may have been mistaken:sneaky2::lol::lol:

Just spent the day back here on the estate and it's even worse than I thought. And we've taken on more work load than we are really capable of. It's like they are punishing me for enjoying a mojito or two in the sun. See how they are?

Oh I'm interested, just can't afford it :(

I was thinking of asking just 500 for the PHO. The saw is fully rebuilt. But the carb started acting up not long ago, and I just haven't gotten around to replacing it. Although I believe an ultra sonic cleaner might do the trick.

Just finished the ignition timing on my old 066 - it REALLY kicks on starting and has no decomp valve. It is imposable to start on the deck and has to be violently dropped to fire.....not helped by the big pop up piston and very high compression:blushing::lol:

Will be testing it soon:thumbup:

Been porting another MS660, a neat muffler mod with modified outlet so it takes the heat away from the chain brake handle and also makes it breath a bit.

Inlet and exhaust ports reshaped and widened in line with the piston, no squish mod on this one as the original settings will not allow it without machining.

Lowers flowed and lowered, uppers shaped for lower blowdown and more scavaging - don't go mad on this as the ring ends are a little close to the uppers - be warned:001_rolleyes:

Pics below

Inlet.jpg.5ecdee4f018766f04de368487cb0dd5b.jpg

Exhaust.jpg.ce425e57bd5da5f471c116c4b8ed8a83.jpg