Creatine

Mark Bolam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creatine is a safe suplement that can be used in conjunction with a well ballanced diet and appropriate trainng programe. One of the reasons that people can suffer joint problems when training using Creatine is that they are over training muscle groups thus causing a core imbalence , secondly it may be that too mch weight is being used with a poor technique , and thirdly he/she may have been using creatine for too long , 3 months on and 1 month off is a common pattern of usage .

Another considderation is the type of Creatine that is being used , im sure some of you are aware there are several forms , ie creatine monohydrate, Creatine Ethyl Ester and several others , some are more effective and concentrated than others and can alter your daily reccomended water consumption considderably which in turn if you are dehydrated thus having a negative response to prolonged training .

Any way i hope some of my post is of use/ intrest to some of you

Hi all i am an ex Royal Marine PTI and personal trainer. We did tests on Creatine when I was still serving. Taking any substance always mentally makes you train harder, when you think your taking something to make you train harder and longer you usally do. The problem with Creatine is is can give you bad cramps it dehydrated you, you need to take it for 2 months then stop for a bit or your biddy just gets use to it. There was no proof that it made any of our lads stronger, some did increase muscle mass but there was no proof that it was the Creatine. I felt that the muscle a look of water retention the bloated look much the same as someone who takes steroids.

A good diet and a sensible training program will give you the same progress, and is a lot bettter for you.

Good post johnty that was pretty much my thoughts on the stuff but I couldn't put it into words like that haha I don't get people who want that bloated look, I uses to train with a few lads and one of them was on steroids and all he wanted was to be big. He took loads of stuff and yeah he was strong but had a strange looking fat face he had a fat gut and man boobs, and if he tried a bit of cardio looked liked he was gonna have a heart attack! I think he was in loads better shape before he took steroids.

Hi all i am an ex Royal Marine PTI and personal trainer. We did tests on Creatine when I was still serving. Taking any substance always mentally makes you train harder, when you think your taking something to make you train harder and longer you usally do. The problem with Creatine is is can give you bad cramps it dehydrated you, you need to take it for 2 months then stop for a bit or your biddy just gets use to it. There was no proof that it made any of our lads stronger, some did increase muscle mass but there was no proof that it was the Creatine. I felt that the muscle a look of water retention the bloated look much the same as someone who takes steroids.

A good diet and a sensible training program will give you the same progress, and is a lot bettter for you.

I was of the understanding that Creatine was designed to aid in training allowing you to train harder and minimise the buld up of lactic acid this is partaily done by feeding the muscles with more watter.

Cramps and dehydration are usualy caused by a lack of salt, zink and watter etc all of which are pretty simple to resolve in most cases :thumbup:

Definately helps me when I'm training hard, but I cycle it, normally 8 weeks on, 4 off.

Maximuscle Cyclone was good stuff, but expensive and give me really bad farts!

Like Lorry, I've found the MyProtein stuff to be quality, and cheap as chips because it is packaged very basically.

Pure creatine monohydrate powder here.