Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

4 hours ago, TIMON said:

I'm considering it.  I gave up sugar for the the first four months of this year and noticed a huge difference in my fitness and energy levels but I've relapsed since and put on weight due to a sweet tooth...,

my wife has chronic asthma and multiple food allergies so has to have a mainly paleo diet but she can't have egg which is limiting. 

Shes just started a new keto-genic diet which is low carb, low protein but high fat (good fats) It basically gets your body to burn ketones rather than glucose as energy,   it made a dramatic improvement in her health but it's very demanding in terms of weighing her food.  I'm a bit of a fat git for a climber at 5'9 and just under 14st, so I need to sort something out!!  Maybe cut the sugar out and go paleo again is the answer......

Regardless of going paler, cutting out the sugar is always a good thing!

ik back up to my heaviest I've been again, same weight that prompted me to go paleo last time 

37 minutes ago, Tom D said:

I did it again a few months back but it played havoc with my guts this time, even though last time it was fine. I've been doing the fast diet instead and tbh its really good, not much of a chore and i lost half a stone. I tend to limit the carbs on the non fast days as well..

Might seem obvious by the title, but please explain the fast diet Tom 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/382146462347?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=46178569849&rlsatarget=pla-355015754764&abcId=1128926&adtype=pla&merchantid=9491054&poi=&googleloc=9046877&device=c&campaignid=856228942&crdt=0

The book is well worth reading. Its basically the 5:2 diet. The science is really interesting, its not just about loosing weight, fasting does things to your body at a cellular level that are really good for you. Reducing cancer risk etc. 

You eat normally for 5 days a week and then 500calories on the other two days. Its the easiest way to do this is to miss breakfast and lunch and then have a half decent tea. although if you want to eek out your 500 calories over 3 meals you can.

Read the book, its quite short, the first half is the interesting part, the second is recipes and calorie data..

Well after 3 months off the tools, and enduring being called countless names from my children such as fatty, lard arse, and sloth, im back on the paleo diet as of today.  Quite frightening how quickly weight can pile on when you become less active.  

Anyone still on it since the thread originally started?  I loosely followed it this whole time but not strictly like the first time round.  All or nothing this time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Well after 3 months off the tools, and enduring being called countless names from my children such as fatty, lard arse, and sloth, im back on the paleo diet as of today.  Quite frightening how quickly weight can pile on when you become less active.  

Anyone still on it since the thread originally started?  I loosely followed it this whole time but not strictly like the first time round.  All or nothing this time.

And they're just the names they call you to your face!

1 minute ago, Darrin Turnbull said:

Why are you using this diet?

To lose weight and improve well being.  I felt fantastic on it the first time round and lost weight very quick despite consuming more food.  Its just hard to fail at.  I miss coke and chocolate at times.

Cutting down on the alcohol too, at least week nights

3 minutes ago, Darrin Turnbull said:

I wish you every success.

i know a few people who walk everyday for at least one hour.

i’v read somewhere that sitting around to much is as bad as smoking.

Probably is!  Been walking the pup but there’s only so far he can go at the moment.  Hope to run with him when he’s old enough