Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

You technically don't but your body tells you you do. They may well give you a boost, I 'relapsed' three or four times during the changeover. Now I know I don't need them, but it took time.

'Carbing up' once a week if you are training heavily is encouraged in certain circles.

It's not so much a strict diet as a lifestyle, and the most important thing is finding out what works for you.

I am going to give this a go. Bread, cheese and potatoes are my biggest downfall and will be hard to give up. But the Christmas break has done me no favours at all and I felt like crap the other day after I had no more Christmas sweets left. Must have been the three weeks of eating rubbish and then coming off it.

Going to changeover to this way of eating and see what happens, need to shift some weight but more so the bloated feeling and lack of energy.

I've got major reflux issues

Had 3x endoscopy

Just finished 1st week of paleo and none smoking and reflux issues have been less

Really enjoying the new food

Rule of thumb is the same for tree reducs

Less is more

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

When you say issues have been less, is that with or without medication? I'm wondering if I'll notice the difference with being on omeprazole. I dare not come off it to find out!

Still sicking with it, not finding it easy, I often fast at the weekend, not eating at all through the day, just having an evening meal, I tried that yesterday but by 10am I was feeling weak and hungry, I had an apple which helped and then chicken salad at 3pm.

I'm thinking I should forget the fasting while eating this way.

Food gives us energy, if you have a lot to do, eat plenty before hand but give youself a couple of hours for it to go down, if your sitting about all day don't eat so much and sugary things will give you highs and lows.

This Paelo diet is a presumed diet as no one wrote stuff down back then.

Food gives us energy, if you have a lot to do, eat plenty before hand but give youself a couple of hours for it to go down, if your sitting about all day don't eat so much and sugary things will give you highs and lows.

This Paelo diet is a presumed diet as no one wrote stuff down back then.

:lol: True, but we do know what they did not have, so those things can be ruled out.

Food is not just about energy for doing stuff Stevie, on a high calorie diet your body goes into rebuild mode and just continually renews cells, on a low calorie diet your body repairs cells instead of replacing.

When cells are replaced there is a risk of mutation, these mutations are also known as cancer. This is why obesity is fast becoming the single biggest risk factor for cancer.

Kept it quiet until now . I am on Day 6 of very little carbs . Having lost nearly 5lb . I realise that most will be water weight . Skin feels tighter , no highs and lows regarding energy . Am 1 scrambled egg , 3 pieces of ham , slice of cheese and a black coffee . Mid afternoon the same :blushing: Then at 6 ish chicken breast and loads of broccoli with a slight covering of grated cheese . I feel brilliant . Down sides are mega bad breath , Going to the toilet through the night . The later is so I am told down to having low carbs as these make you hold water . I am drinking lots of water throughout the day . Please understand I,m only seeing what works for me and what doesn't . I will be sticking with this for 14 days .

Well I've positively failed after a couple of half hearted attempts, simply not organised enough and I cant expect the other half to do a separate meal for me and the kids.

Interesting about the bad breath thin above as I seem to remember that putting people off the Atkins when people said their breath smelt of poop.

On the plus side that fluffy white loaf I bought yesterday was delicious.