Saw for new groundy

jwilson

I have a husky 560 I'm thinking of changing the sprocket from the 325 chain to a 3/8 chain it's meant to be unreal but does anyone have any faults I should know about before I change it ?

Careful the oil drive is part of the sprocket / clutch

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And as far as I'm aware they recomend a 15" bar for cs30-31

15" bar is excellent for groundwork and felling quite sizeable trees, did a CS34 recently, and 15" bars are used and adequate for most medium/ large trees, and definately small ones up to 15" covered in CS310/31. It is easier to get level / acurate felling cuts with a smaller bar and snedding is MUCH easier! Huskys 365 or Sthills 261 are all we would use on ground.

I have a husky 560 I'm thinking of changing the sprocket from the 325 chain to a 3/8 chain it's meant to be unreal but does anyone have any faults I should know about before I change it ?

Turn the oiler up, if you don't when you swap the rim, the excess heat from the chain speed friction will heat the bar, causing the rubber oil gallery to warp and split

Or you could just change the 7 pin to an 8 pin ( and turn the oiler up ) ....:001_smile: