Compulsory drugs testing

arbogrunt

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I some one came in with me for a day an sparked up a spliff id never use them again it is incompetant.

The law is changing now they can test for drugs on the road if your caught driving whilst under the influence of drugs its now the same penalty as drinking there for.

Its the same as coming to work pissed your mind is not on the job and i worked with many people in the past who smoke it does affect there work and there attitidue.

I think in this game you get no second chance there for my mind is always focused only an opinion.:drunk:

But the question is really about should drug testing be compulsory. Tho I'm anti-drugs in the workplace, I have no problem with a persons recreational pastimes. If the major sporting bodies still constantly debate over whether or not someone has taken a flu remedy, and should that be taken into consideration? many prescription drugs are fully legal, but they can affect your performance in one way or another, where would the line be drawn? If you say that legal drugs are ok, then how is that a fair argument on H&S grounds, when all drugs can affect your safety?

Sorry I'm starting to ramble on a bit here :drunk:

I've worked with many guys who are totally incompetent yet totally straight, and many who are stoned but far more competent.

I would'nt neccesarily walk of site if any of my work colleagues were stoned, i'd make a judgement on how safe they'd be to work with.

There are some people I would never want to work with and they've never taken drugs.

No mate its a really good point yes prescription drugs can and do alter your mind set most making you drousy.

I would not want a law or drug testing compulsary just ask the masses that when your at work make sure your at your most aware as a silly mistake will kill you do not impare your ability to get your self out of harms way.

But the question is really about should drug testing be compulsory. Tho I'm anti-drugs in the workplace, I have no problem with a persons recreational pastimes. If the major sporting bodies still constantly debate over whether or not someone has taken a flu remedy, and should that be taken into consideration? many prescription drugs are fully legal, but they can affect your performance in one way or another, where would the line be drawn? If you say that legal drugs are ok, then how is that a fair argument on H&S grounds, when all drugs can affect your safety?

Sorry I'm starting to ramble on a bit here :drunk:

A good point, plus how can you test if someone is stoned at work or just residual from the night before. Do we have a right to pass judgement on what people do in there home time?

And as you rightly said prescription drugs can be far worse than pot.