Reverse light/fog light

Guss109

Just do it, fog light is part of the vehicle MOT but there is no test on the trailer (unless you have it listed on an "O" licence)

As above if not on dual carriage way. But you could wire a socket to back of truck which can be used for amber lights as well if needed.

Been thinking you should be able to mount a switch on trailer to switch between fog and reversing light.

Edited by woody paul

As above if not on dual carriage way. But you could wire a socket to back of truck which can be used for amber lights as well if needed.

Been thinking you should be able to mount a switch on trailer to switch between fog and reversing light.

Sounds like an idea I take it it would need to be a 3 way switch?

Just do it, fog light is part of the vehicle MOT but there is no test on the trailer (unless you have it listed on an "O" licence)

As treequip said, but the trailer socket is subject to test now, so as long as you didn't alter the wiring, keep the fog lights wired to the socket, not the reverse lights.

Just thought I think its only 13 pin sockets that are tested.

As treequip said, but the trailer socket is subject to test now, so as long as you didn't alter the wiring, keep the fog lights wired to the socket, not the reverse lights.

Just thought I think its only 13 pin sockets that are tested.

12N sockets are subject to inspection, they have to be attached and not busted. The newer 12 pin sockets are subject to test

Rather than mucking around with the existing kit why not just put a small Anderson plug (or similar) on to run the reverse lights?

I'm now thinking the same with a separate conecter as I've ran the wires in and earthed it on the trailer chassis. Then thought it the easiest idea is just to keep it a separate thing as I'd still have the working fog light and be legal if I get pulled again by the nice men at vosa