stuff keep being stolen?

Albe013

I guess you got cleaned out then......................with only having the axe :lol:

Very good, luckily I've only had an empty jerry can stolen. That day the rear windows on the van were covered with security panels reinforced with re bar. Dead locks all round and a van vault. Used that as a lesson. If it had been at night when the gates locked it would have been lead rather than steel I'd have taken with me. I like my bit of England to remain mine and private.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've was intruded this morning by 3 illegal off road bikes. Came up my drive and scarpered when I came at them with a gransfurs. Now added an extra fence (electric) to keep the geese in. I'm paranoid and don't keep a lot here and what I do have is locked in a box in a box in a box, which has CCTV, pir&burgler alarms and pir lights. Takes me 10 mins to get to my saws with keys. As a forum we have an advantage. We are nationally active. I suggest I draft a letter which you can all e mail to our mp's asking them to discuss this matter in parliament and to look for solutions/create a national crime unit. It's as good as election time gents (and ladies) lets make the most of it!

Nice one :thumbup:. I like the axe scenario , trouble is I,d use the bugger with force on man and vehicle . If and only if I ever catch any of these elusive buggers robbing on my land :thumbup1:

Very good, luckily I've only had an empty jerry can stolen. That day the rear windows on the van were covered with security panels reinforced with re bar. Dead locks all round and a van vault. Used that as a lesson. If it had been at night when the gates locked it would have been lead rather than steel I'd have taken with me. I like my bit of England to remain mine and private.

Amen to that fella :001_cool:

I suggest I draft a letter which you can all e mail to our mp's asking them to discuss this matter in parliament and to look for solutions/create a national crime unit. It's as good as election time gents (and ladies) lets make the most of it!

That's a good idea. Kick up enough fuss, show there's a problem that makes people angry and something might be done...

• 2 weeks later...
This is exactly what I'm talking about - Does anyone have any evidence to support the claim that this type of crime is actually increasing other than anecdotal evidence or a vague feeling that things were better in the good old days before the forrins?

Its definately increasing and the forums are probably contributing. The scumbags read the forums as well. They see us complain that nothing is done about it, just a crime number issued, they know they will get away with it.

The any old iron brigade have become much more audacius over the years and rural communities are anxious all the time now, at least the ones with machinery. Ive been done countless times and I know its them.

Parliment needs to know this is a seious epidemic. Cameron needs to know there not interested in "were all in this together" The law needs to harass them and keep harassing them. Im fed up with this soft EU approach to human rights. When did an MEP ever do a days proper graft.

Im thinking of selling up as Im virtually a prisoner in my own home too woried to go to work or go out. How can that be right.

I worked as insurance assessor for 15 years

In manchester in 1980's a new copper was appointed to stolen car squad, he told me no car theft had been investigated for over ten years......eventually car crime got so out of hand that something had to be done ..... We worked with him to set up ' operation stripper' where we told stolen car squad about thefts immediately they happened because it took months for stuff to arrive on his desk through the system .......

One of tricks they had was to steal a car and strip it, they then abandoned the car at side of road, it was recovered to scrap yard and we were contacted, we inspected and wrote car off and sold it to scrap yard, scallies then bought car from yardand reassembled it, getting a car with log book and documentation for bugger all

They had production line going .......some scallies made millions

In one garage they raided they filled a skip! With just nuts and bolts found on floor from stolen and stripped cars ....... It was a serious business

I got phone call one morning saying " your inspecting an XR3 today at such and such, we want to buy it." when I went to look at my journey yes I was, they knew before I did what I was seeing .......

Catch them and the gang boss would pay some lad with no criminal record to " take a tumble" for him, that means coppers would have guy banged to rights and kid with no record pops up and says " I did it and can't let my boss get blamed" result kid gets light sentence and boss is off scott free......

If you watched Romanzo Criminale on sky that was closest to what was going on......

Criminals are very good at potting where no investigation goes on and will exploit that market ruthlessly .......only solution is to get thefts investigated properly then they will nick something else .....

Yes thats been going on for years with tha scrap yards and salvage yards in on the scams. My car was stolen in a raid and later found by the police after I had been paid out. The insurance company wrote it off as the cops had to break into it and it had a damaged wing. The salvage yard wouldnt sell it to me as it was a write off. Six months later I get a letter from the DVLA asking me if Im the registered keeper or have I sold the car?? Sooo if it was going back on the road why wouldnt the salvage yard sell it to me.

If the salvage yard has the contract with the insurance company to collect the wrecks the any old iron brigade steal the cars, cause light to write off damage, store them long enough for insurance to pay out then park them up (in my case airport car park) wher they will be found by police and recovered to salvage yard. Salvage yard does cheap repair at cost re registers car and now has legal car to sell to open market. Any old iron scumbag gets paid out by salvage yard and on to the next one. Not much damage is needed to write off 4 to 5 year old Mercs Beemers etc and the repair parts cost nothing when there wrung off other stolen cars. I think its been going on for years ever since the insurance companies stopped offering the customer the option to buy back the salvage.

As for chainsaws, chippers, trailers, diggers etc being stolen I think that has definately increased since on line auction sites sprung up. Most people outside of the relevant trade wouldnt previously known the value of machinery or even bothered finding out.

Now you can drive past a bloke up a tree clock the model of saw on the ground run it through your phone and get the value.

These days I think like they think and as a result spend most of my time bolting everything down or selling it before it gets stolen.

Years ago a friend of mine had a minor bump in his Nissan and the insurance company wrote it off as uneconomical to repair. He asked if he could have it back and when we got home from work a couple of days later it was there outside his house. I did a bit of welding on it and he got a new bonnet for £20 and ran it for years, never got a bill from the insurance for the car or the transport to bring it back either.

hi folks

am glad my thread as provocked some talking on this subject, the general meaning was to say that as the crime of theft of machinery continues it will reach apoint that the ordainary tree surgeon or small firm will not be able to afford insurance on there equipment so at that point they will be uninsured so when the next time the light fingered bar-stools come along and remove your stuff how the hell are going to replace the stuff thhat would cost ££££ to replace it just means people are not going to be able to so will be out of work!