Mowi and Palms trailers, Any good?

stanleyplantandforestry

Hi Everyone!

I am in the market for a new forestry crane and trailer combo and I have managed to narrow it down to either a 7 tonne Mowi or a 7 tonne Palms trailer.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with either as it seems near to impossible to find any reviews on the buggers!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I am in the market for a new forestry crane and trailer combo and I have managed to narrow it down to either a 7 tonne Mowi or a 7 tonne Palms trailer.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with either as it seems near to impossible to find any reviews on the buggers!

Thanks!

10 TON Palms, got one two years ago, still got it very good trailer :thumbup:

I could name a man in the trade selling forestry/firewood relatedproducts who rated the Mowi very highly.

At that time, and indeed since, he was not involved with selling or promoting Mowi, but reckoned if he was spending his own cash it would be on a Mowi.

Sommat to do with the geometery allowing one to bring in over heavy logs by dragging horizontally, without having to constantly juggle with boom and dipper arm valves simulteanously.

Due to their particiular somewhat peculier looking dipper arm ram positioning.

m

I could name a man in the trade selling forestry/firewood relatedproducts who rated the Mowi very highly.

At that time, and indeed since, he was not involved with selling or promoting Mowi, but reckoned if he was spending his own cash it would be on a Mowi.

Sommat to do with the geometery allowing one to bring in over heavy logs by dragging horizontally, without having to constantly juggle with boom and dipper arm valves simulteanously.

Due to their particiular somewhat peculier looking dipper arm ram positioning.

m

A lot of Mowi cranes are parallel ones. Hence they do what your saying much more suited to harvesting than forwarding is my personal opinion. But in the right place they do save time.

As for Mowi they're trailers are very very well built. I don't have any pictures but i've seen a 15 tonne Mowi loaded volvo loading shovel that struggled to lift every log onto it. Trailer didn't flex a bit. Cant speak of a Palms as i've not used or seen one.

I've got a palms, great trailer, can be fully adjusted bunks, axel, length etc, good crane, get a hydraulic pipe maker or several spares as it eats pipes for breakfast near the grab, one slip and it snaps off fittings that go in the rotator. I would imagine it's the case for all grabs though.

Only problem with controls is it has electrics on to switch grab and extend, not sure how long they will last long term, so if possible avoid all electrics, as you know forestry and electricity don't mix!

Make sure you get extending crane and steering drawbar, without them I would have got myself in a right pickle!

Bought it from Halse of honiton

Cheers