Quadchip no stress not working

maxi

It makes sense to do the dealer route, from an accounts pov and support pov. Some dealers are bound to be better than others and some will carry more spares - depending on the amount and type of machines in their patch.

Sometimes problems can arise from them, sometimes the customers expectations are wrong, GreenMech can screw up too!

Trying to support any product that needs the level of care and maintenance that a chipper can need is difficult. But we can only do our best to support you with a "local" dealership network otherwise we would stretched too thin and many of you would get simply huge bills to cover transport, mileage and driving time on service calls.

Great in theory Pete, but the other week I rang GM to get some new disc blades, was told go to hendersons, 5 days later I have the blades in my hand, if they had been sent out by GM direct I would have had them the next day.

Funnily enough some companies are going in the opposite direction, dealers won't stock parts so they sell direct to the customer and make more money on the machine. I see what you're saying about the service though, we do our own but some won't and will need somewhere to take it. You just need to persuade them to keep more parts!

I don't need to tell you (GM) to be very careful how you select your dealers. Remember the one who tried to charge me £660 for a 4 hour job.

I know you have dropped him now but reputations take time to build and no time to crumble. I prefer to deal direct with head office, expert advice, stock availability and instant despatch - always 110% happy with that.

In a world where we all trumpet on about quality service, please make sure you don't lose out by letting it slip. I love my GM chipper and would expect decent support.

If you don't look after your customers, someone else will.

You can take a machine to whoever you like! They don't even have to be a woodchipper dealer - that is your perogative. But we would prefer you to take it to the authorised dealer. Ifyou want to do any service work yourself, you may and many people do - we cannot tell to spend your money with someone you might not want to.

Dealerships can and do change, if your are happy with one, then stay with them. If you feel you have a legitimate gripe then talk to them and involve the sales staff as well as other departments. Contact your GreenMech rep directly if you want. Or the rep for which ever make of machine it is, because this scenario applies to ALL makes and all machinery sold through a dealer. If that machine is worth you spending your money on, then the manufacturer or importer should also take ownership of that deal and do what they can to resolve your issues. After all, they want happy customers too.

Firstly. I love green mech, I think there machines are really good.

They are not that hard to work on and I found figuring them out very easy, so I have no problems working on them.

But as you know Pete a few issues with dealers aswell and a part that was ordered and was well over the odds for that part, even when I found the exact same part elsewhere that was in the same "state" as the ordered one. Still had to drill the hole for the nipple.

This put me right off the dealer. And the fuss over getting the part aswell. It came quicker from green mech in the end.