finding hardwood firewood is crazy

CP WOODFUELS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i deffo agree with quality thats why im making life hard for my self and staying on hardwood and not soft when i run out ill just park all my gear up and wait for some hard to turn up

Softwood is quality too! :sneaky2: So long as it's dry and sound; it has its plus and minus' but is not "not quality"!

ive given up trying to get artic loads of hardwood in to the yard, its just to scares round these parts, and when you do get it the public dont want to pay the going rate for it, i think softwood is going to be the only option in years to come. my second year on mainly softwood now and folk are begining to grow to the idea, i just hope the supply/price of decent processor size softwood dont go through the roof!!:001_rolleyes:

ive given up trying to get artic loads of hardwood in to the yard, its just to scares round these parts, and when you do get it the public dont want to pay the going rate for it, i think softwood is going to be the only option in years to come. my second year on mainly softwood now and folk are begining to grow to the idea, i just hope the supply/price of decent processor size softwood dont go through the roof!!:001_rolleyes:

I take the view that either customers pay what I ask or they dont, if it does not sell in can stay in the barn. At present rates I will be sold out soon unless I buy in which seems difficult, may have to bring a container in from abroad.

Small local firewood 'merchant' killed a week or so ago, trying to fell ash on the local railway line, without any kind of permission. Railtrack team found him under an ash he had been felling 2 days after he went missing, suspect it must have been under cover of darkness. No doubt this 'red hot' fresh felled timber was destined to be cut up and sold to unsuspecting customers as ready to burn at £60 a cube. I got called a stitch up merchant this week by someone who bought from him. At least mine comes from legit well managed forests and is not stolen.

In light of probable cord prices in 2014 it is now becoming more cost effective to import ready processed. Just keep a small processor for odds and ends unless you are felling your own.

A

Edited by Alycidon

I take the view that either customers pay what I ask or they dont, if it does not sell in can stay in the barn. At present rates I will be sold out soon unless I buy in which seems difficult, may have to bring a container in from abroad.

Small local firewood 'merchant' killed a week or so ago, trying to fell ash on the local railway line, without any kind of permission. Railtrack team found him under an ash he had been felling 2 days after he went missing, suspect it must have been under cover of darkness. No doubt this 'red hot' fresh felled timber was destined to be cut up and sold to unsuspecting customers as ready to burn at £60 a cube. I got called a stitch up merchant this week by someone who bought from him. At least mine comes from legit well managed forests and is not stolen.

In light of probable cord prices in 2014 it is now becoming more cost effective to import ready processed. Just keep a small processor for odds and ends unless you are felling your own.

A

looking very close at importing myself just takes a lot of research to find a good supplier without having the old eyes poked out lol:001_smile:

A

It was on one of our sites that the chap was killed , we'd stripped out all the crowns on an isolation as it was near overhead lines so they could be felled at a later time . We are still waiting to find out what exactly happened

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App