Close shave and thankfull

Lancstree

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading those comments and thinking about it wtf am I doing? Ya right garderners are on a better rate when you take the overheades into account :ohmy:

Sometimes its best not to think about what other industries earn, just depresses me :sad:

For what it's worth I work with quite a few gardeners (self and salaried) and not one of them has fun, or laughs at their mates misfortune. The most they do is to stop grumbling about someone standing on THEIR grass!:confused1:

Dean since the engine problem on the Mog when i had the injectors serviced i got to Atkinson Vos on 70.00 worth of diesel :)

I run on white now because it's such a cash flow killer filling up the bowser with 1000 ltrs of red.

On domestic work i do 30.00 to 2 days work and travel upto 20 miles from base i was really suprised at the fuel i use which makes a change lol.

A landy just wouldn't cut the mustard for me with the ammount of big takedowns we do and the fact i'd have to but a towed chipper.

Looking at anyway i can to reduce overheads though.

Buzz,

I keep forgetting that others work away from home.

All my jobs are within a couple of miles from my yard so it's nothing for me to go and tip.

I think you have just been extra unlucky with your Mog.

Dave:

Shouldn't be any different running red to white, it's the same stuff only one is dyed.

Taking your injectors out and having new nozzles put on would make a difference if they have never been serviced. Also people neglect their valve tappet gaps, out of sight out of mind.

You could get Todd to jump out and push when you come to a hill, that might save some fuel. :sneaky2:

Shouldn't be any different running red to white, it's the same stuff only one is dyed.

NO.

Apparently its much lower spec, I have been told that you can get a 15% improvement in power and better economy.

And they tend to "smoke" on red and not on white.