Mortgage / loan for woodland?

Thanks chaps. I'll try AMC and also Triodos - they apparently loan to green projects.

It's not a business loan I'm after, just a private one. And yes, 6-7% wouldn't be too bad, but a comparable normal house mortgage at the moment is around 2.5% or less! So yes, upping the house mortgage would be a better deal I think.

Try your own Bank, their Agribusiness dept or AMC

Are you looking for 10's or 100's of 1000's?..............makes a difference

It would definitely be 10s rather than hundreds of thousands. Ideally I'd like a house (or barn, outbuildings etc.) to go with it (in which case it could then be hundreds of thousands, but with a more normal mortgage), but proving a bit tricky so far. Oh well, I enjoy looking.

It would definitely be 10s rather than hundreds of thousands. Ideally I'd like a house (or barn, outbuildings etc.) to go with it (in which case it could then be hundreds of thousands, but with a more normal mortgage), but proving a bit tricky so far. Oh well, I enjoy looking.

Sorry, I can help

I only do equipment finance

I am involved with property and when purchasing with a mortgage you will find that each lender will have specifics...and the more specifics and further away from the norm your purchase is the less interested they are.

For example, purchasing a normal house is very straight forward if you have the deposit and can prove your finances are sufficient to cover the cost and leave you with money left over each month then it'll just be a case of finding the house you want and signing the paperwork.

Depending on what the property is constructed of will depend on some lenders being interested or not, depending on how much land is with the property and if the land has any planning permission can also be a problem for lenders. What state of repair the property is in and how much money you have available in cash to 'make the property right'....if you are looking at a serious renovation project then they will want you to have more than 50% of the price of renovation plus money available for contingency....all of this is just ensuring for the lender that you are a safe 'bet'....so....we are talking big money here.

Generally if the house is mortgageable most lenders will not lend on a house lower than £40,000...but you need to speak to them and present yourself and your finances to see what options are available for you. Business loans tend to require you to have at least 50% of the purchase price, they are not very keen on leasehold's and buying the 'goodwill' and name of the business although do and will lend on those provided you can produce evidence to give them confidence in your ability (so, previous experience being a big one here, what other commitments you have, your plan for the business etc) Personal loans below £25,000 are easy to come by provided you have what the lender asks for

Good luck!

Edited by new hope