Nightmare Job

benedmonds

Had a **** job today, felling a 40 inch diameter ash tree. In the centre of the tree there were several peices of steel. With only a a three inch hinge remaining I ended up with three blunt 36 inch and two 25 inch chains. We had the truck on it and some big wedges but it was a nervous time having a large lump of tree hanging over the road with not much holding it.. It got worse later in the day having to avoid being stabbed by several dozen syringes when we were clearing up.. Don't you just love the varied nature of the job..

i had that happen on a poinciana takedown dbh 7ft,i hit a star picket smack bang in the middle of the tree,homeowner comes out and says 'i remember putting that there 25 years ago'tree wouldn't fall over so had to hacksaw half the picket off:cussing:

I love not doin council work...we had some proper **** jobs with north herts homes cleaning out junky dens gardens.once had a 7 year old try sell me crack poor fuckers to grow up in that ****...atleast he got one thing right and told us his dad was a c+nt...makes you realise how lucky you are!

I once helped a local contractor to remove a hedge alongside a cut through for the local authority, The two of us went to look at it and noticed lots of needles. It was the days we could burn rubbish. We got the job a week later my mate turned up with a huge tractor and trailer and I pulled up in a 3CX the clerk of works was amazed there wasn't a saw in sight!

We just ripped the lot out carted it away and had a very big fire. only way we knew we were not going to get hurt! If I see needles now and I can't do the job with a digger I just walk away!