Tipping trailer/chip box.

Gray git

The other thing is this, when I do a job I go from home to job site, drop off groundie and trailer, then hire shop to get tracked chipper on trailer (£15 extra for trailer hire) then back to job site. Put 8x5 tipper trailer back on then do job! Then tip trailer and take home back to job site pick up groundie and chipper on hired trailer, drop off at hire shop then home for well earned rest oh and fuel station as I have probably done a good 100 miles or so!

So a ifor williams gd105 could take the chipper on way to job then could cut out some trailing about! But on the down side the trailer would need manually unloading!

I can't afford to get a tt3017 10ft tipper and also the 10ft tipper is considerably heavier!

Do you recon still keep tipper?

Trailer pictured below is what I am thinking of getting

I did this for a while when I first started (with the non tipper cage trailer).

To be honest I would never go back. It is awful and unloading chip by hand is the worst way to finish off a day. Especially in the wet.

I would sell the transporter and buy a 4x4 and a big tipper trailer, at least that setup will be future proof.

Also have you asked the hire company about delivering the chipper to site? My local guys charge almost nothing to deliver the machines. I think its about 50p per mile or something, regardless of the size of the lorry

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazes me why Ifor have never cottoned on to this!

Why are they so happy to sell high sides and refuse to clad them with something smooth is beyond me! All you guys bolting and riveting sheets of this, that, and the other on, simply adding weight are doing Ifors street cred no good what so ever.

One of the main reasons I will only buy from a manufacturer that will build to spec, instead of the "you can have what's on the shelf" attitude builder.

The pro tipper option is a very good way out for you guys already committed though, sure is the dog's nudgers that!:thumbup1:

May be if all of us on here that have got IFOR trailers bombared them with a idea of what we want they may build it.

Thanks for your reply I'll take your advice on that cheers mate. Think I'd be a bit unsure of a tw150 on this trailer mind!

Thanks

Andrew

The tt85 stands fairly high off the ground which is a bit top heavy and steep to load plant. Its big brother the 105 has smaller wheels and takes 2.5 tonne payload and sits lower to the ground. the tt105 weighs around a tonne but well made

Yer I noticed that, on the new ifors the tt2515 has small wheels on but they are hellish thin! The trailer launches itself around and it rattles all over the place, I think a light trailer with small wheels isn't the best combination, perhaps with the bigger wheels it won't feel all the little bumps in the road as much?

Sent via postman pat.

• 11 months later...

Reviving an older thread rather than starting a new one.

Does anybody know if the ifor williams tipping trailers (specifically the tt2515) can have all the lower sides removed? Not the mesh panels, but the tailgate, sides and towbar end with ladder rack. Some of it appears straightforward, but I didnt know if the posts for the tailgate or the ladder rack were welded on to the chassis or anything like that.

I'm interested in having the option to convert it into a flatbed when required for larger plant machinery, and to reduce the weight when pushing it around the yard :)