550xp heated handle addition?

Coletti

Hen I bought my 550xp I poo poo'd the idea of heated handles but after using a 560 with heated handle today I have decided I would very much like heated handles on mine and was wondering if it's possible/what cost would be involved in changing the original handles for heated ones?

Thanks in advance

George

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I think it will be expensive. You'll need the heated handle which is probally about 40 quid. You'll need a new rear handle so fuel tank and all, unless you can get the element separately. Then the wiring and i think the blue thing next to the fly wheel. Got to make up that 200g of extra weight somehow.

Personally i'd by a new 550 from F R Jones for 520 ish and sell your 550 on ebay for 400.

Hen I bought my 550xp I poo poo'd the idea of heated handles but after using a 560 with heated handle today I have decided I would very much like heated handles on mine and was wondering if it's possible/what cost would be involved in changing the original handles for heated ones?

Thanks in advance

George

It's bloody extortionate to convert, new flywheel £50, generator £20, wires £10, handlebar £50, rear handle inserts £20, carb plate £30

Note that's a rough guess! I priced up the 385 for conversion and it was in excess of £300!

You can turn them on and off with a switch in the right side of the front handle,which is just as well as can get almost too hot if your doing a lot of constant ringing up, well worth every penny!

+1 for heated handles. I wouldn't buy a day to day saw without. Much better to relieve and avoid white finger (HAVS) too.