Santander, much maligned, but is it fair??

skyhuck

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are horror stories with every bank. I/we've been with the Abbey and Santander for ?20 years. Never had major problems, mistakes are rare; life's easy there I find.

They made a costly error last year; I phoned, they apologised and reimbursed immediately without argument. Can't ask more.

There was much talk of customer service going down the swanny when the Abbey was bought by Santander but perhaps they've been doing their homework.

i was with aliance and leicester ok then taken over by abby biggest bunch on nunucks. then santander as for them not printable. still trying to sort out things with them going back to A&L days. never bank with them. but then most of the big ones are as bad. wish there was a bank that looked after its customers. with small amounts. have mils will drool all over you

Santander has the worst customer services of all banks by a huge margin(see Which? reports). I banked with them for years and ignored the fact they were a bit useless. I finally left them after accidentally paying one business cheque into a personal account and instead of telling me, they froze my assets for a week with no explanation. Although they knew me well and I had several accounts with them I was clearly now a major drugs dealer laundering money. I withdrew all my money and closed all my accounts straight after.

Bank with them at your own risk!

mmm, just about to remortgage with Santander!!

To be honest, I think all banks have their issues - just the luck of the draw if you get caught up in something or not.

As for the person who made the comment earlier in this thread about the Spanish and financials not going together - thats just ingorance.

With London being a major hub in the financial world and having been a significant player in the shenanegans a few years ago, not to mention Libor etc etc, this country can hardly claim to be a shining beacon of financial purity.

People living in glass houses etc.

Sorry about the derail, but people who make stupid, unneccesary comments, just irk me.

Rant over!

i was with aliance and leicester ok then taken over by abby biggest bunch on nunucks. then santander as for them not printable. still trying to sort out things with them going back to A&L days. never bank with them. but then most of the big ones are as bad. wish there was a bank that looked after its customers. with small amounts. have mils will drool all over you

The banks are not too interested in people with money hence why they pay around 1% and even less on more than 50k. Banks want people who can pay 8% interest on a loan or better still cant pay it back so they can reposses their house now thats where they really make some serious money

Banks want people who can pay 8% interest on a loan or better still cant pay it back so they can reposses their house now thats where they really make some serious money

...or business if the latest allegations are true. Sickening but not really surprising.

The banks are not too interested in people with money hence why they pay around 1% and even less on more than 50k. Banks want people who can pay 8% interest on a loan or better still cant pay it back so they can reposses their house now thats where they really make some serious money

This is so true!!

I know of a farmer who through the winter had an overdraft of up to £1M, the bank loved them, personal calls from their manager, Xmas cards, etc, they were hit by Foot and Mouth and ended up with £4M in their account, the bank suddenly had no interest in them at all.