What's your wee chipper set up?

simsimo

I'm currently deciding what set up to buy for use with my cs100. Obviously the idea with these chippers is to leave it all on site when possible but sometimes you have to cart it away.

So, I'm thinking of a tipper trailer and either pickup or smallish panel van.

How do you other wee chipper owners do it?

I'm trying to avoid the larger tipper vans but a tipper on a pickup is an expensive option.

I reckon you can probably carry more legally on a tipper trailer and it's cheaper to run. I remember on one of those wee chipper threads that there was a picture of the chipper attached to the trailer for transport and chipping. Has anyone tried this?

I put my Jo Beau on a motorbike trailer. Can only chip over the tailgate if the chipper's on the trailer (detached but parked sideways across the pickup). To park the trailer I've put a pair of castors on the back so it stands up and wheels down a path.

most of the time the chipper is in the tipper bed and we fire it all into that.Unloading the chipper down ramps is a pain as its not the stablest of things for two people.A bit rare that we unload it and leave the chip which is the ideal situation.some of the time the chipper is at the yard, and if the job aint big we load the tipper and chip there.

Still a handy chipper nonetheless.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuBzbsTSJqU&feature=player_embedded]Bandit 490 xp - YouTube[/ame]

I'm trying to avoid the larger tipper vans but a tipper on a pickup is an expensive option.

I reckon you can probably carry more legally on a tipper trailer and it's cheaper to run. I remember on one of those wee chipper threads that there was a picture of the chipper attached to the trailer for transport and chipping. Has anyone tried this?

This belongs to Johny69 on here, think it is a tipping Brian James trailer with a Bandit 490xp.

I've got a treebusta, which as you all know has a low exit height. I transport it around in a toyota hiace van. I can get a builders bag full of chippings & the treebusta in the van. I've now started to hire a trailer(£20 all in). As i mostly work alone i chip into builders bag then empty that into the trailer.

The reason for doing it this way is the trailers are only 8 x 4 & not wide enough for my chipper, & only single axle, but cheap to hire, & means i don't have to store it.

Rob

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1386069969.095699.jpg.c25fe207f1d76e48d580835d3512ebe2.jpg

Here's my little setup. Home made trailer with roughly 3 cubic meter tipping box. I used to tow it with a suzuki jimny until I got another truck a couple of weeks ago, the jimny was okay but really wasn't built for it sadly.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Coletti, that's the sort of set up I'm thinking of but with a tipper trailer. I think a pickup or small panel van would be idea to go with it to chuck logs into our to just use to transport the chipper when it can be left on site, therefore only turning up in site with one vehicle.