First saw question (Husky owners)

samthornton1990

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dealers give discount???!?! That would be amazing if I could get that!

I will be spending a rather large amount of money on gear (ppe, timber tongs etc to get me started) would you say turning up with cash would be better for haggling?

Cash is still king on something's. But not with dealers

Dealers give discount???!?! That would be amazing if I could get that!

I will be spending a rather large amount of money on gear (ppe, timber tongs etc to get me started) would you say turning up with cash would be better for haggling?

My dealer offers 20% on new machinery, after I've finished haggling it's usually 25%, and I get shi.. loads of discount on parts too. But cash is always a good option, many an item have I picked up for cheap with a cash sale, though that's never new machinery, usually part-ex's and old stock :) my 5 foot bar was about the same price as a 30" bar, and I picked up an old 020 for £20

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have a 545 on a 15" bar - it depends what you're doing with it, but for a general all round saw the semi pro huskies are slightly better than the xp version IMO

I'm very happy with my 545, it'll pull a 15" bar through anything, used it to fell a few 25" ash the other day and it didn't blink. If you want an 18" bar, I'd go for the 555 though.

The 550xp is an awesome saw in my opinion, I run an 18" bar on mine and seems to do quite well with it. Means that when I need a larger saw up a tree I can just take that and save on the weight/ size of a larger saw. Sure it's a little slower but it's much easier to use and I personally feel safer with it, also have a 13" bar and my god does it rip!! Almost can't keep enough timber in front of it haha :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Not used one but if you can afford it and it's going to be used more often than not, get the 560XP. I don't use my 545 every day, though it'll cut through anything I've asked of it, (mainly hardwood). I considered getting the 555 but that was overkill for my needs.

I have the husky 555 and can't fault it, plenty of grunt, easy to maintain and clean, only gripe is that when the weather is hot and been using the saw all day and it's red hot, if you let it run out of fuel while using it, it can be a bugger to start, case off, air filter off, foot in trigger so it's on full throttle and then start to pull her over, then she'll go!

apart from that it's a good saw and will take some stick.

Ian