bowl turning thread

se7enthdevil

Also a few boxes from , Walnut , Robinia and Laburnum .... which I think look a bit like pistons !! unintentionally ...... also a walking stick I made for myself which has so far survived about 25 - 30% of the S W coastpath ( although it has had a new handle , so could be a bit like Triggers broom by the time I get round to finishing it ! ) ... Terry...

023.jpg.f531d464cda74c454b627abfef741151.jpg

029.jpg.9fb0cadc4f56225f9ce67960897ff4c1.jpg

008.jpg.21eacbfa0652f37b2a20a0260ad88881.jpg

002.jpg.83defa37fc04a6742b4e63ef3646fa1e.jpg

Cheers Pete , and I know what you mean about cutting stuff up in the past !! I have nightmares about the stuff I wasted years ago !! I still manage to find plenty of bits though , far more than I can ever get round to using ,but I just can't resist it , I also make some small stuff now as well and the selection of bits available is astronomical !! I am always on the look out for Horse Chestnut though especially with burrs or big crotches , I wrap it in cling film and store on the ground in contact with loads of old sawdust from my cutting area and leave it for up to a year and it spalts quite nicely , it also takes stains well to show up wild grain .... Generally speaking HC is not a sought after wood ( useless ) so can be picked up for very little ... Terry..