bowl turning thread

se7enthdevil

Boy you've been busy Steve, that's a lot of bowls, but I reckon I can beat that, I think I've got over 100 rough turned bowls HF etc. I really hope I can finish some over this Christmas period. Have you homes for all of them?

This is one I put the finish coat on recently. Sweet Chestnut root, fantastic grain.

IMG_0056.jpg.2f8310afbe7eda589187feea0a8a2119.jpg

that's a beauty tom.

including just cutting round blanks from the brown oak i've made nearly 120 blanks in total and i should be getting another delivery of timber soon so could have another 100+ by febuary.

i've no idea where im going to keep them all. i think i'll have to cease skittle production just so i can keep up with this.

• 1 month later...

Not a lot going on here (probably because Steve's lathe has had problems)

So I thought I would put my latest effort up.

Laburnum which had some nasty splits coming, one piece flew off (the missing v ) and I thought would try stitching the other side. First attempt at this, the first wire I tried was too thick, just about got away with the thinner one.

1391288242172.jpg.62ebac54c9f25e28490272038ac53700.jpg

1391288261222.jpg.f6a007ad1896ae09ef2f89431cec2827.jpg

1391288278012.jpg.ddc7b5422372eefbeb44350bc1d6e219.jpg

Yes that's copper wire, the centre wire from a sky cable :D

Not sure what's going to happen when it oxidises, might just leech into the wood.

Ian, I would have used bark, I know you have recommended chestnut bark in the past, but I wanted to get it stitched up fairly quickly in case it decided to open any more. Unfortunately the only bark I had to hand was oak and somehow I don't think that would really do it :D