New Zigzag, pics and info.

Mark_Skyland

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was lucky enough to use the prototype that this is very similar to... (if not, the same). If you liked the Mark 1 ZZ, you will love this one. It is a joy to use especially teamed with a thin rope and pulley saver:thumbup: since I sent mine back I have been back on my Spiderjack but I will return to the ZigZag....it's That good!:) GET ONE!:cool:

Very tempted, always used Prusik. May give it a go!

What's wrong with your 13mm Gecko Matty? That will work ok with it. Or was it yourself that has two splices on your rope?

Hi JimM wont fit my 13mm gecko tried it and almost breaks the zz trying to thread it through..

As times gone on really don't like the gecko rope much....Had it 5 years so will now become secondary lowering/tag line.

Silky no mate all my fellow climbers like me have always run 13mm.

Oh well I,m sure F.R. Jones are doing there best they have always given great customer service.

Cheers Matty :thumbup1:

Looks identical to the mark1 except for the spacer between the plates that make up the attachment point that failed.

I'm still using my mark one and love it, do you think Petzl will let me swap????

skyhuck According to the company who has just supplied my new one, you can swop the old one for a new one at no extra cost! Petzl Zig Zag in UK and Recall of original version Abaris InternationalAbaris International

Hi JimM wont fit my 13mm gecko tried it and almost breaks the zz trying to thread it through..

As times gone on really don't like the gecko rope much....Had it 5 years so will now become secondary lowering/tag line.

Silky no mate all my fellow climbers like me have always run 13mm.

Oh well I,m sure F.R. Jones are doing there best they have always given great customer service.

Cheers Matty :thumbup1:

We used one with a 13mm gecko,it is tight but you can get it through, as you push it also twist it and it will work its way through. Have to admit it self tends better in 11.5mm ropes though.