Pathetic co-workers?

Python

My apologies, saw the 30/31 woes thread with your name at the top (on the app) and had the beginning of the op's querie. Looked like it was yours.

That's certainly not what you said in your opening post.

That's not banter. It's infighting (bit**ing) that's down to a manager to manage, give advice, "tool box talks" bang heads together or open a big ole can of whoopass if it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

And then it's this can of "whop pass" as you put it then promotes a higher bollocking! Catch 22!! It's been rolling on for a while but this morning results in a serious arse chewing because the new guy can't cope with how this crew work

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Political corectness, having just retired from an enviroment, that when i joined was a "mans world", & having seen it slither into the murky world of "PC", I understand how you feel. However, you can't do right in these circumstances. They can join in, even start banter, then stop & complain about others, & management have to act.

Don't intereract with these people, keep conversations brief, & instructions concise, & do not tell anyone else not to talk/joke etc with them or you face allegations of bullying, its a nightmare, & can ruin an effective team.

Rob

And then it's this can of "whop pass" as you put it then promotes a higher bollocking! Catch 22!! It's been rolling on for a while but this morning results in a serious arse chewing because the new guy can't cope with how this crew work

I don't understand what you're saying there. You as their manager have to Maintain productivity, you can either leave it as it is or do something to change the working environment.

The tools at your disposal are;

Give advice to one or both of the employees involved, use your experience as a manager to decide what is best for the people your responsible for.

Use your disciplinary procedures.

If it's an option move someone to another team.

Education, there are communication courses you could use.

Finally if none of the above work, some one will have to go. Even if it's notice and gardening leave.

So when he gives as good as he gets and is 80% of the time the one that's starts the conversation or comments directed to another one of my lads but doesn't like it when a comment is returned? Where would you go from there? We're not talking about anything heavy just the occasional "your mum" joke or something about the climbing speed etc just normal stuff, and in comparison to the old days this doesn't even register

That's not what you said in the first instance, drip feeding info as it suits isn't going to make a good thread, see ya.

I know where you are coming from, when I left school and was an apprentice I got the pee taken and banter etc, I enjoyed it and it made you feel part of the crew, when the new apprentice came the following year I was one of the lads and we gave him sh8t. Nowadays it's seen as bullying but really bulling is far worse, I was bullied at school and banter is no where near bullying. Kids now have no idea, they are Molly coddled and the teachers can give em a clip round the ear when they need it. That's why the country is in the state it is. The guy needs to man up.

I know where you are coming from, when I left school and was an apprentice I got the pee taken and banter etc, I enjoyed it and it made you feel part of the crew, when the new apprentice came the following year I was one of the lads and we gave him sh8t. Nowadays it's seen as bullying but really bulling is far worse, I was bullied at school and banter is no where near bullying. Kids now have no idea, they are Molly coddled and the teachers can give em a clip round the ear when they need it. That's why the country is in the state it is. The guy needs to man up.

Totally with you on this! But instead the crew get hauled in and threatened with there jobs over it all because someone's a bit to precious

Edited by Paul Barton
please refrain from name calling

If you cant handle banter you can't handle working for me !. Men only apply :thumbup:

I thought it was part of everyday life? I've met very few arb guys and gals that haven't got a relatively good sense of humour at work, there's obviously a time and a place for it, it's how the world works!