Dual mass flywheel conversion.

Tree Man Tom

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not looking forward to receiving the bill tomorrow...

I'd be interested to hear what it is as my clutch is juddering a bit (35c14) and i'm wondering whether to get a clutch now or wait till takes out the flywheel too:blushing:

pm if you prefer

Regards,

Steve.

I'd be interested to hear what it is as my clutch is juddering a bit (35c14) and i'm wondering whether to get a clutch now or wait till takes out the flywheel too:blushing:

pm if you prefer

Regards,

Steve.

get someone you trust who knows iveco to check it out. A lot of things cause judder including oil on the friction plate from engine or gearbox seals even duff engine mounts can cause judder.

get someone you trust who knows iveco to check it out. A lot of things cause judder including oil on the friction plate from engine or gearbox seals even duff engine mounts can cause judder.

I've known it to be caused by worn suspension rubbers allowing the axle to move as well.

• 1 year later...
Dual mass is the work of the devil. The one below (vw) exploded and the guts of it came through the bellhousing.

Bob

000_0081.jpg

I know this Is an old thread but i thought i'd add a bit of info. Our MK6 transit clutch was on its last legs with poor clutch/gear selection and a bad vibration through the transmission and the van was eating a starter every year. We've removed the DMF and gone to a solid mass flywheel and standard clutch. The vibration has gone and now changes gear like new. Plus hopefully the starter motors will last a bit longer. Our mechanic reckoned it was one of the worst DMF's he'd seen as it had completely collapsed. If your van is experiencing similar issues then have a look at the clutch. Total cost £400.