Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Ha ha. Well it's only right really. I know I have some pics when it Was on the old kubota so will dig them out to morrow if not will have to weight till I'm back in the yard in the week.

I like the look of the extending arm. Has that got a internal ram powering it? Do you find it unbalances the machine or is it counterbalanced by the wider track base?

Joe

Only in the development stage as yet. I have a top quality Kinshoffer HPX Timber grab and rotator from my previous 5 tonner ideal for it, and have approached a crane manufacturer to see if they will provide me with the telescopic arm from one of their cranes as the basis of the build.

The Kubota is ideal for such applications, as obviously it's rock steady with heavy attachments.

I should in theory be heading for 11 metres ish reach from the two piece boom and extending mount setup, which is pretty handy on a compact base unit.

Eddie.

Today I learnt if the foot pedal for the boom slew is a bit stiff, don't stamp on it as it can boom round quickly and stay in that position!

Fortunately I was in amongst small trees and not buildings or vehicles!!

I spent ages trying to free it off, nothing!

Eventually I undid the bolts and wiggled it about a bit and sorted it!

Gave me a fright of what could of happened!!

I'll contact Exac on Monday Eddy

I'd quite like something a bit like the 3rd leg setup you have for your mulcher head but with the grab on the end instead so could tilt it back and have something solid to help turn or aid pulling up slopes, bit like this American style end, if done nicely could also help carry logs lengthways by wedging 1 end under the foot

Similar to this setup? I like the fact it creates it's own stand when it's not in use.

1456685063488.jpg.0396906819a3940a242dbb5280e846e2.jpg

Similar to this setup? I like the fact it creates it's own stand when it's not in use.

Looks tidy enough that for 3 tonner or the like?

For myself I'll be looking at a telescopic extension that's basically an extending crane arm as a starting point with mountings, and a suitable foot for walking the machine around on fitted to it.

I may even go the route of the pad that sits against the inside face of the dipper to pull strength from it.

Eddie.