Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

I suppose everyone's urban is different, mine would consist of factories, roadsides, woodland, golf clubs, parks, farmland, houses etc.

Thanks

That's not urban! :lol:

Despite what others are saying, a grapple is cheap and will give you instant 'grab and lift' capabilities to get you started. That and five buckets is better than the average builder.

I'm with Eddie on the machine though, it's not a good spec for tree work.

Sorry maybe I'm wrong but i live in a town and work in a few locally and they all contain factories, roadsides, woodland, golf clubs, parks, farmland, houses etc.

So not sure what that comes under? I certainly don't live and work in a rural area (countryside areas that contain villages or hamlets)

But like I said everyone's urban is different, not all cities, towns and built up areas have been built or developed the same. Some cities or towns may not have a golf club, public park or woodland.

:confused1:

Some are just being picky, urban smurban who cares :001_rolleyes:the point being is you have chosen a machine that was available and you new its history, that was the biggest selling point I believe.

Eddie really knows his stuff, if he sells punt the machine and re invest the money in a different machine, that's what I'd do:thumbup1:

Edited by Stephen Blair

Some are just being picky, urban smurban who cares :001_rolleyes:the point being is you have chosen a machine that was available and you new its history, that was the biggest selling point I believe.

Eddie really knows his stuff, if he sells punt the machine and re invest the money in a different machine, that's what I'd do:thumbup1:

I will certainly keep looking and see what happens, cheers!

Don't be too disheartened, I had one of the earlier version of your digger when it was referred to as the EX60URG. Bought it straight out of the container from Japan, was a bit of an oddity back then but the price was right and it was a genuine low hours machine. Turned out to be a terrific buy, the knuckle boom and zero tail swing were perfect for a lot of the private work I was doing yet I could still dig a tank for a farmer, clear sheughs, or whatever.

I certainly take on board the previous points that it may not be ideal for your type of work and you'll not get much, if any, advantage from the knuckle boom. But by the same token it's not really going to disadvantage you either, and at the end of the day when buying secondhand getting a good machine that you can be sure of counts for a helluva lot.

Work away, look after it, and if it's a good article you'll never be stuck with it anyway once you know exactly what best suits the work you're doing.

Best of luck.

Wondering what controls and pipework are like on those knuckle booms, if not using it offset could the oil be sent along to your attachment?

With the price advantage on those machines, I did idly toy with the idea of removing all that heavy iron work and welding something else on. Then I shook my head and got real, remembered the to do list was long enough already...!

A lot of people use them quite successfully though, if you can manage reduced reach etc.

Trouble with multiple attachments can be that if you add them on bit by bit, can end up reconfiguring pipework put on earlier. Hard to plan ahead, but if you reckon on needing extra oil coolers, case drains, certain spec return pipes, ...

I'll stop now!

Don't be too disheartened, I had one of the earlier version of your digger when it was referred to as the EX60URG. Bought it straight out of the container from Japan, was a bit of an oddity back then but the price was right and it was a genuine low hours machine. Turned out to be a terrific buy, the knuckle boom and zero tail swing were perfect for a lot of the private work I was doing yet I could still dig a tank for a farmer, clear sheughs, or whatever.

I certainly take on board the previous points that it may not be ideal for your type of work and you'll not get much, if any, advantage from the knuckle boom. But by the same token it's not really going to disadvantage you either, and at the end of the day when buying secondhand getting a good machine that you can be sure of counts for a helluva lot.

Work away, look after it, and if it's a good article you'll never be stuck with it anyway once you know exactly what best suits the work you're doing.

Best of luck.

Thanks for that, I will post its progress :001_smile: