Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Having spent a lot of time shopping around for a mini I settled on a 2020 kubota 030-4.

I was going to go new, but couldnt make up my mind! Then this turned up in the right spec at the right price.

Very happy so far. Plenty of power, smooth and accurate and comfortable for its size. Credit to the previous owner. It has very little wear. 2k hours. 

20240703_145755.jpg

IMG-20240702-WA0016.jpg

20240627_160840.jpg

20240627_121002.jpg

20240626_214850.jpg

20240614_110516.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Conor Wright said:

Having spent a lot of time shopping around for a mini I settled on a 2020 kubota 030-4.

I was going to go new, but couldnt make up my mind! Then this turned up in the right spec at the right price.

Very happy so far. Plenty of power, smooth and accurate and comfortable for its size. Credit to the previous owner. It has very little wear. 2k hours. 

20240703_145755.jpg

IMG-20240702-WA0016.jpg

20240627_160840.jpg

20240627_121002.jpg

20240626_214850.jpg

20240614_110516.jpg

Very nice! I’ve always wanted to try a Kubota kx30. What money was it?

On 08/07/2024 at 21:51, Stephen Blair said:

That’s me back in the club 

IMG_1268.jpeg

Did you have a go in anything else? Currently eyeing up the Sany SY26(not zero tail) wondering whether to check a yanmar out!

49 minutes ago, doobin said:

Very nice! I’ve always wanted to try a Kubota kx30. What money was it?

Thanks. Its a big step up from the old tb125. Not knocking it, that machine owed me nothing. The kx was 22.5k stg.

picked it up in wales, turned out my transport guy knew the seller so I had a bit of extra reassurance. (Small world, i didnt know this until i went to give him directions and he started laughing!)

Don't know if that's a bargain over your way but it's standing me 26400 eur sitting in my yard, all in. Saved at least 1500 on the nearest comparable machine I could find here and have a much cleaner example. Also didnt have to front the vat which makes life easier.New, that spec is 56k+ here. The second hand machine pool over here is very poor at the moment. mostly ex hire or well ragged stuff, anything with a bit of spec gets snapped up fast or marked up well. 

Would you (or anyone)consider the price good value? Open question, I'm curious now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JLA1990 said:

Did you have a go in anything else? Currently eyeing up the Sany SY26(not zero tail) wondering whether to check a yanmar out!

Yanmar are most definitely worth a look. 30k ish for an Arb ready one with hydraulic hitch.  I wasn’t keen on the cab and felt that the bobcat flow shared a bit better, but still a cracking machine and it might just be the case that I was too used to Bobcat so stuck with another the same. 

Sany are probably a bit cheaper but nowhere near as nice. Watched a hire one struggling with timber on the same slopes that my e27 laughed at and could see that the wouldn’t even be in the running the my digger replacement no matter how cheap.

I wasn’t aware that they did a non zero 2.6t. You deffo don’t want a zero for Arb. 

Edited by doobin

24 minutes ago, doobin said:

Yanmar are most definitely worth a look. 30k ish for an Arb ready one with hydraulic hitch.  I wasn’t keen on the cab and felt that the bobcat flow shared a bit better, but still a cracking machine and it might just be the case that I was too used to Bobcat so stuck with another the same. 

Sany are probably a bit cheaper but nowhere near as nice. Watched a hire one struggling with timber on the same slopes that my e27 laughed at and could see that the wouldn’t even be in the running the my digger replacement no matter how cheap.

I wasn’t aware that they did a non zero 2.6t. You deffo don’t want a zero for Arb. 

I’ll defo take a look, not a lot of dealers my way though. I have to admit bobcat has always been my first choice and am awaiting price and lead time on one. 

I had a go in the sany yesterday, it’s an improvement on the zero tail swing, better stability and cab has been reordered so more space. I had a sany sy26u and hated it due to its instability but the price was right and with the warranty was worth the plunge (at the time) however seeing more and more of them in arb and wondered whether it’s a case of they don’t know what they don’t know in terms of better machines (or it’s the price). I am getting tempted with the zero tail at 31k arb spec with grab, but that’s only as the machines waiting. 

Edited by JLA1990

55 minutes ago, JLA1990 said:

I’ll defo take a look, not a lot of dealers my way though. I have to admit bobcat has always been my first choice and am awaiting price and lead time on one. 

I had a go in the sany yesterday, it’s an improvement on the zero tail swing, better stability and cab has been reordered so more space. I had a sany sy26u and hated it due to its instability but the price was right and with the warranty was worth the plunge (at the time) however seeing more and more of them in arb and wondered whether it’s a case of they don’t know what they don’t know in terms of better machines (or it’s the price). I am getting tempted with the zero tail at 31k arb spec with grab, but that’s only as the machines waiting. 

You’ll get a yanmar for 30k and add your own grab. Much better machine. 

Bobcat will be stupid money initially. Have the prices for sany, yanmar and cat to hand and tell them to get much closer else the machine can stay in their yard. 

pricks tried it on at 37.5k with me over covid. Bought this last one no buckets but ready for my own hydraulic hitch at 32k. 

10 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Thanks. Its a big step up from the old tb125. Not knocking it, that machine owed me nothing. The kx was 22.5k stg.

picked it up in wales, turned out my transport guy knew the seller so I had a bit of extra reassurance. (Small world, i didnt know this until i went to give him directions and he started laughing!)

Don't know if that's a bargain over your way but it's standing me 26400 eur sitting in my yard, all in. Saved at least 1500 on the nearest comparable machine I could find here and have a much cleaner example. Also didnt have to front the vat which makes life easier.New, that spec is 56k+ here. The second hand machine pool over here is very poor at the moment. mostly ex hire or well ragged stuff, anything with a bit of spec gets snapped up fast or marked up well. 

Would you (or anyone)consider the price good value? Open question, I'm curious now.

I sold my 1950 hour 2019 e27 with grab and rotator for £22.5k plus vat a few months ago. Good genuine machine with very little wear. 

I think I must have misunderstood your post, are you saying that a new kx30 is 56k euros plus tax??? 

Edited by doobin

8 hours ago, doobin said:

You’ll get a yanmar for 30k and add your own grab. Much better machine. 

Bobcat will be stupid money initially. Have the prices for sany, yanmar and cat to hand and tell them to get much closer else the machine can stay in their yard. 

pricks tried it on at 37.5k with me over covid. Bought this last one no buckets but ready for my own hydraulic hitch at 32k. 

I’m probably gonna go second hand, as my choice is bobcat but don’t want to pay top whack as currently it’ll be an occasional machine. Have you had a go in a doosan dx27z heard they’re practically the same machine as the bobcat. I just missed out on your e27 would have loved it!