Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

We would use it for loading the log trolley or wheel barrow then tip and then load the trailer at the end of the day .

We do a lot of sub contract work of a local firm on there bigger stuff so I hoping it would Improve productivity without having to bring in more guys.

Also I'm trying to look after by back a it more

Cheers for the replies so far

Hi thinking of getting a micro digger with log grab for tight access sites eg standard garden gates, to take the strain off our backs.

We already have a Vermeer mini skid steer but it's too big to go though a standard gate.

I was looking at the TB 108 then a small grab

A few questions though.

Will this lift high enough to load an ifor trailer of transit

What sort of weight will it lift

Any one got any other machines they would recommend

Cheers

Im happy with my kubota u10, more stable that a micro but will still go down to 750mm to go through gates. I usually load my tcp tracked dumper with the digger then tip that onto the truck as that will carry 500kg. Mine will lift 250kg with out a problem.

Im happy with my kubota u10, more stable that a micro but will still go down to 750mm to go through gates. I usually load my tcp tracked dumper with the digger then tip that onto the truck as that will carry 500kg. Mine will lift 250kg with out a problem.

The work of 5 blokes without the sweat and moaning! :thumbup1:And the beauty of a micro digger is they are no bother to take along to even reletively small jobs- you could put it on a transit and still tow a trailer load of timber (Not sure about payloads of a transit but you get my idea)

My Kobelco sk007 at work ,they are ok but has said you cannot slew with that much weight , no problems picking up .

Micro Diggers need to be treated with a bit of Caution or else they will spit you off !!!!

[ATTACH]199943[/ATTACH]

Ste

Those pegs make me feel ill, why would anyone make cuts like that??????:confused1:

I was down at the Yanmar dealers looking over their new 10 tonne machine when the subject of timer grabs came up, with me expressing my disappointment on how many manufacturers have been slow to react to the ever increasing demand for controllable auxiliary pipework.

It's the first time I've even looked at Yanmar kit, which has a great reputation, let down by poor cabs until now, which is why I was there.

I was led over to their SV26 machine which would fall into many peoples demands here, being in the all important 2.6 tonne towable bracket.

I was surprised to be shown how Yanmar as standard do a lovely job of a half auxiliary circuit, which is basically two diverter valves from the bucket ram to power what can be either grab or rotate, making grab installation easy, as there is already another proportional circuit piped up ready.

Not only that they actually offer even on this machine as an option a second auxiliary circuit activated by another roller on the opposite joystick, so in theory you can have a small extension on your grab angled by the bucket, and do both rotate and grab from proportional rollers.

However one last trick I've never seen is a straightforward potentiometer switch that you can simply dial in the hydraulic speed you want on the circuit!

Put simply this mini is putting 100K plus machine setups to shame when it comes to the operating experience with attachments.

I had a good look around the rest of the machine and it certainly ticks all the boxes, with an extra 100kg counterweight slice available too which would be ideal.

The last thing that really stood out was it has incredible ground clearance, and I've seen some 5 tonne machines with less clearance.

Not recommending it to anyone, just one you need to add to a prospective shortlist, as I would have totally ignored it, but well worth a look.

Brochure is here.

http://www.yanmarconstruction.eu/theme/yanmarportal/uploadedFiles/GB_SV26_0415.pdf

Last three images show a lovely simple install to change from bucket ram control to grab or rotate on a timber grab.

Eddie.

59766fe6a3997_sv278.jpg.2e837c67b5fb76fc36d4420a8a90dc26.jpg

59766fe6a1605_sv267.jpg.0d46996267cbc0b47e369fd19ee35bc2.jpg

59766fe69f289_sv265.jpg.314c0d12da268b619a8b22d7cb48d7dc.jpg

59766fe69d093_sv263.jpg.c415392fe7c3a9e6eb175b39758676e8.jpg

59766fe69a769_sv262.jpg.70607f526347ca3c383c556d5ee9e19d.jpg

59766fe6983b0_sv261.jpg.75865bf1ace332305fa10ccb173ccee6.jpg

Heres my 3t digger with the fixed grapple in action on a river bank job- might be worth baring in mind that you will get more height with one of these grabs over a rotator grapple, cheaper too and you can quite easily knock timber about stacking it etc. The last 2 was my old 1.6 ton Takeuchi which was certainly on its limits with the last photo:laugh1:

456.jpg.b3bf075e79f636c071e0c0e7ff52d5dd.jpg[/ATTACH]

Heres my 3t digger with the fixed grapple in action on a river bank job- might be worth baring in mind that you will get more height with one of these grabs over a rotator grapple, cheaper too and you can quite easily knock timber about stacking it etc. The last 2 was my old 1.6 ton Takeuchi which was certainly on its limits with the last photo:laugh1:

[ATTACH][ATTACH]199966[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Not if you put a small extension mounting on to utilise with the bucket ram and pipe the grab properly through two auxiliary circuits.

The productivity difference of being able to rotate the grab or material is huge, along with making things like stacking or loading chipper simple.

Thumbs are great bits of kit, simple and strong ideal for straightforward clearance work.

Eddie.