Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Here's the one we use. Not mine owned and operated by my good friend Mark. One day, if it stays still long enough I'm going to paint it green![ATTACH]171776[/ATTACH][ATTACH]171777[/ATTACH]

OOH, You've got me green with envy, That's the new version of my Takeuchi, very handy size, does Mark manage to tow it legally with a pickup (under 3500kg) I notce the new 228 is 100kg heavier than the older TB125 which would push it over the 3500kg limit for towing- which is a shame.

That looks a decent size grab he has.

Eddie, if you did need accurate measuring then simply mark sliding boom as required and you have spot on measurements. So a 3.7m log is 2 full strokes (mine is 1.25m stroke) and on 3rd stroke only go as far as the 1.2m mark. I have three measures on my boom and that pretty much covers all combinations.

The nisula head looks good but doesn't do very big compared to your Kesla

Re: Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Here's the one we use. Not mine owned and operated by my good friend Mark. One day, if it stays still long enough I'm going to paint it green!

That looks like a nice bit of cedar. Why chip it? I know people who would kill for that on their fire

OOH, You've got me green with envy, That's the new version of my Takeuchi, very handy size, does Mark manage to tow it legally with a pickup (under 3500kg) I notce the new 228 is 100kg heavier than the older TB125 which would push it over the 3500kg limit for towing- which is a shame.

That looks a decent size grab he has.

He has a flat bed 7.5tonner he moves it with.

The grab is just over 4ft, only reason I know is today he was picking up plywood boards from under the hopper and tipping the little bits in.

That looks like a nice bit of cedar. Why chip it? I know people who would kill for that on their fire

We are working at Reading University and they like to keep as much chip as possible to use around the grounds. They were the odd size bits that won't fit easily on lorry tomorrow.

Get what you mean though cedar does make decent firewood.

Eddie I've 3/4 acre of small softwood I need to clear fell. Would that be somethin you fancy havin a go at with your rig?

It's too small a job for a big harvesting contractor to deal with, besides there is none round me. And the trees are that small the hand cutters can't get the tonnage out in the day to make it viable.

I'm in no mad rush so if you fancy a go at it let me know.

Ste

Do you wish to keep the timber yourself Ste?

Eddie.

Eddie, if you did need accurate measuring then simply mark sliding boom as required and you have spot on measurements. So a 3.7m log is 2 full strokes (mine is 1.25m stroke) and on 3rd stroke only go as far as the 1.2m mark. I have three measures on my boom and that pretty much covers all combinations.

The nisula head looks good but doesn't do very big compared to your Kesla

It was exactly my thoughts having used the Stroke Processor that I can simply get it accurate enough by counting the strokes for my purposes.

The Stroke Head has a very short, but extremely strong stroke action in comparison to the Processor.

Hopefully I have something after xmas that should be the absolutely perfect testbed for the idea, and I'm certain the Kubota is more than up to it even if I'm not!:biggrin:

Eddie.

Yeah I'm gonna have the timber for logs Eddie

Ste

Can you send me a picture or two of the site please Ste to see what it'll be tackling?

I've had a fair old task doing some ditching to a specific profile on a site high up in the Staffordshire Moorlands.

This site really is as wet as it comes, but this new Kubota really is fantastic on the soft stuff! There is 25% more track on the ground to my old one and it really does show when you travel the ground with hardly a mark.

The Engcon makes this sort of work a one pass job, and minimises the need to move the machine, which again really helps to keep impact down to a minimum.

Don't look too hard at the Ditching, as obviously dealing with clumps of Rush, Rocks and Clay doesn't make for a very pretty job, but it'll soon blend in nicely.

Back to the woods soon, but thought I'd share a bit of what I also get up to.

Eddie.

59766be2ed6c6_spoutce3.jpg.1f2f3fb7312fbba7080673665bdbbef5.jpg

59766be2eb9e8_spoutce2.jpg.d590be345c88c915c6231261e8e43c33.jpg

59766be2e98de_spotce1.jpg.2f56eb703e6fa64433bef6a9902b503d.jpg

59766be2e67c1_spoutce.jpg.458532d4e8d48550333c802a1387a67a.jpg

59766be2e51a9_nespout3.jpg.2c5ea1a7b5105f1ac5dc92ee849f2dec.jpg

59766be2e39e1_nespout2.jpg.865016b9fee436468b1e1e4a6dc7c820.jpg

59766be2e1cac_nespout1.jpg.f78d3b50c137572993f429150c74227b.jpg

59766be2dfad8_nespout.jpg.cd040cbcdc8e743eb6a5c48edb62e57e.jpg