Irate customers!

Daniel Jiggins

Had a half decent quantity of bulk bags split seasoned oak to be collected this morning.

As I don't personally know this guy my terms are cleared funds on collection which I feel are fair.

Guy turns up with no cash or funds.

I politely say I'm sorry I'm not prepared to start loading until funds are either in my account or here.

This chap starts threatening us started on my Dad threatening to slap him then decides to block the yard off with his wagon and said he won't move until we load him.

I told him to bugger off I'm not interested in doing business with you now find some one else to supply you.

Ended up having to call plod to get him removed.

Could do without this at the weekend.

Part of me feels bad for not allowing him to post me on a cheque on the other hand I stood my ground, that is the terms of my business (log sales) take it or leave it.

Any one else had such incidents ?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a half decent quantity of bulk bags split seasoned oak to be collected this morning.

As I don't personally know this guy my terms are cleared funds on collection which I feel are fair.

I politely say I'm sorry I'm not prepared to start loading until funds are either in my account or here.

This chap starts threatening us started on my Dad threatening to slap him then decides to block the yard off with his wagon and said he won't move until we load him.

I told him to bugger off I'm not interested in doing business with you now find some one else to supply you.

Part of me feels bad for not allowing him to post me on a cheque on the other hand I stood my ground, that is the terms of my business (log sales) take it or leave it.

Assuming you had told him your terms already, the guy is obviously an arsey pratt who you can well do without. :001_smile:

Nah fair does Daniel, if he hasn't got an "account" set up with you, you want to see the colour of his money. Tesco etc wouldn't let you walk out without paying. You will shift those decent logs no probs and see the money, if you had let that lot go, no guarantee you would see any £'s or at the very least have to chase for it. Hats off to you for standing up to a Bullying customer

If he was acting like that he doesnt sound like someone who would be too keen to pay or someone id like to do business with for that matter!

You will sell those logs no problem to someone else who is grateful and happy to pay you with a smile. Dont give him another thought mate, he can jog on!

Daniel, the Punk that stopped by your place to pick up firewood knew exactly what he was doing. You were wise and logical about the matter presented to you. Always stand your ground, the fact that this happened in front of your dad also did him proud that he did not raise a chump!. I once had a similar situation occure, except the punk actually was helping himself to my finished product thinking it was free in spite of the fact my sign and price was clearly posted. I confronted him on the spot and told him the price or hit the road. He debated with me for about 30 seconds and I sent the swine packing without any product loss.

easy-lift guy

HI DAN ive just pm you mate you done the right thing mate :thumbup:jon :thumbup:

Daniel, the Punk that stopped by your place to pick up firewood knew exactly what he was doing. You were wise and logical about the matter presented to you. Always stand your ground, the fact that this happened in front of your dad also did him proud that he did not raise a chump!. I once had a similar situation occure, except the punk actually was helping himself to my finished product thinking it was free in spite of the fact my sign and price was clearly posted. I confronted him on the spot and told him the price or hit the road. He debated with me for about 30 seconds and I sent the swine packing without any product loss.

easy-lift guy

Thanks Ted,

Yes would of been easy to clout the guy I am a big bar steward and stand 6ft 7" but instead of now enjoying my afternoon I would be answering questions down the local plod station.

His loss he has no wood and ended up looking the prat.