PTI course next week, touching cloth.

ChrisG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the course content is really good and the fungi ident is open book (although one chap managed to fudge his up). If you have experience in the industry I think this will give a head start as we survey trees every time we climb or quote etc. I would try and get handy with using a clinometer or which ever method you choose for measuring height. Try and practice pacing out metre strides for canopy spreads and distances from buildings/roads etc. enjoy the course and ask questions

I use a clinometer app on the iphone and works well. Try it if u havent already its free

All of whats been said, and if its Derek B hes just fantastic, calm, collective, and to the point. Now, for extra points, within your specifications of your survey be very detailed, when making a recommendation. eg to Fell , for example, go into detail......, Section Fell to ground level, all arizings to be removed from site by the appointed contractor, stump to be ground to a depth of 300mm below ground level, mulch removed from site and pit backfield with clean field top soil. Surface dressed with grass seed ? grams per m2 . see what I'm suggesting . also be decisive , make a judgment and be very clear on what you recommend.

All of whats been said, and if its Derek B hes just fantastic, calm, collective, and to the point. Now, for extra points, within your specifications of your survey be very detailed, when making a recommendation. eg to Fell , for example, go into detail......, Section Fell to ground level, all arizings to be removed from site by the appointed contractor, stump to be ground to a depth of 300mm below ground level, mulch removed from site and pit backfield with clean field top soil. Surface dressed with grass seed ? grams per m2 . see what I'm suggesting . also be decisive , make a judgment and be very clear on what you recommend.

Not picking holes but we were told it was not our job to recommend how to take the tree down so not to use comments like fell etc. the correct term was "remove" and then it was up to the contractor how he does that in a safe manner. That was with Chris Simpson.

I suppose it depends on the tree eh?

If you're going to leave a stump that's infested with allsorts, you would need to specify your recommendations are to remove it and how it would be done?

I assume you're not going to get marked down for being as detailed as possible, but I suppose it depends on the trainer/assessor?