cooking on log burner

wardy

Contemplating roasting a rib of beef in front of fire

Aparently sticking it in oven is baking not roasting ......

So need wire from ceiling, fasten to rib and dripping tray below

Just need to get motivated

There is bloke offering a course on how to do this for £300

But think I'd rather spend £300 elsewhere .......not one for courses really

Go for it mate :thumbup:Im cooking a big lump of beef tomorow , first time with beef . trial and error .you just need patience and lots of cooking time :biggrin:

Do you wood burner cooks use a trivet. Or is a le crusset ok direct on to stove thanks.

You could use either , It depends on what you want to cook. I tend to use a wire rack with a roasting pan on top when cooking meat with foil over the top .Thats how i did my beef yesterday, so tender, But if it were say soup you can put directly on to the stove , but keep an eye on it as it gets to boiling point very quick you could then place it on a trivet to simmer gently.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing too technical just a beef stew with potatoes (7.5kg for a paaand as went out of date next day....a week ago but still ok and I'm not sick of chips, wedges or baked yet) onions, carrots and peas. The most I've managed before was soup, baked beans and water for washing up or hot water bottles.

Now I need a trivet and some ham as that sounds good.

1389724498550.jpg.d6fec53a31c8d6a9990a37298fc6af76.jpg

1389724486129.jpg.d684ff07231c3cecfe388ba9940fe23c.jpg

• 1 year later...