Do mower pushers earn the same as a climber?

ms660isthebest

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive tried climbing trees, its bloody hard work,nerve wracking and downright dangerous, deffo not for me, I would happily keep my feet on the ground and cut grass for a lot less pay of a good climber

Grass cutting is not for everyone and I don't suppose climbing is either, horses for courses!

Well a average climber will earn his boss money if the job has been price right.

So it's blame the boss time:001_rolleyes:

I was an awesome grass cutter, then an awesome tree climber, I demanded more money from each employer, I ended up a naive , arrogant and cocky young boss of myself. :laugh1:

New climbers are pre madonnas and want everyone to think they are awesome because a few wee old ladies said they were :001_rolleyes:

If you want more money, ask! If you don't get it, go and prove to yourself and the world that you are, it's easy with a bit of hard work:001_smile:

Most folk here given the choice would rather be cutting trees then grass, therefore climbers should be paid less...:)

and they cost a fortune to train. Not just in courses but it takes years to become a commercial speed climber. The employer has recoup the costs over time that they put into the climber..

Edited by benedmonds

So it's blame the boss time:001_rolleyes:

I was an awesome grass cutter, then an awesome tree climber, I demanded more money from each employer, I ended up a naive , arrogant and cocky young boss of myself. :laugh1:

New climbers are pre madonnas and want everyone to think they are awesome because a few wee old ladies said they were :001_rolleyes:

If you want more money, ask! If you don't get it, go and prove to yourself and the world that you are, it's easy with a bit of hard work:001_smile:

Like the last line a lot, rings a :thumbup1:bell

I was always on the saws, never considered grass cutting at all. Now I earn equally as much on a mower as I can on the saw, at times more. And it's easier monay, suits me :thumbup: it's not about what job anyone does, but how they do it. I've heard of quite a few cases where grass cutters earn as much if not more than tree workers, I think it's to do with the pay scales? I can't explain it, cos I don't understand how the companies pay structure is worked out.

When my dad worked on the building sites in the 60's, the highest earner on site was an Irish curber, the bosses were must upset by how much he made, but would not get shot of him because he was so good.

He was on piece work and could just put kerbs in ridiculously fast and to a very high standard.