Jeez - what a day!

Shane

I'd tell him how difficult it would be to cut margins further considering there is 8 hours of TPO app/tree assessment/admin work already on his worksheet, which was done on the verbal contract he entered into when he authorized the TPO application on his behalf.

I'd ask him how he'd like to pay for that work should he choose to use the batty bloke.

sheesh.... some people....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him you carried out 8 hours of admin work in good faith in the knowledge that you had the work, and that you'll meet him half way and reduce the job by £250 but can't afford the full £500.

On a 6 day job £250 is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and if hes a half decent sort he'll honour the original quote.

Tell him you carried out 8 hours of admin work in good faith in the knowledge that you had the work, and that you'll meet him half way and reduce the job by £250 but can't afford the full £500.

On a 6 day job £250 is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and if hes a half decent sort he'll honour the original quote.

Sound advice right there :thumbup:

I have had customers in the past attempt to take advantage of services rendered in a similar manner. When it came to design work I would offer to provide that service for free on condition I was contracted to perform the installation of the job. If the customer decided to take advantage of my design work I would remind them of my offer and that my work was protected under signing a authorization clause and copyrighted. I had Two customers try to take advantage of the matter and both ended up paying for their greed in the end.

As a rule I don't work for nothing, especially when it comes to earning a living.

Hope your mother makes a complete recovery.

easy-lift guy

Thanks for your comments everyone - not really a guaranteed right answer but certainly some sound principles to adhere to.

Easylift, thanks for the good wishes for my mum, it's looking like an operation will be required so the other stuff fades into insignificance really.

Thanks again

Shane

Thanks for your comments everyone - not really a guaranteed right answer but certainly some sound principles to adhere to.

Easylift, thanks for the good wishes for my mum, it's looking like an operation will be required so the other stuff fades into insignificance really.

Thanks again

Shane

life is not easy and i totally agree with ted, i had quite a few set backs over the summer as well, people are not easy to deal with at times i would offer a small reduction, bill for the 8 hours work, right it off as a loss and off set against tax,

ideal i would have either offer to organise the hole lot from the start including the bat guys or had a contract,

I know how you feeling at the minute as granny has dome the exact same thing Saturday night though see was Reeling (age 72) and still very active. so she is due to have a full hip today of tomorrow, it not good but it may be a god send in other way too, as she is trying to run a farm, clay shoot a huge garden, play tennis twice a week, but is stuck in her ways at time that are not conductive to business but wont let up date kit when it needed. i just hope she it does not set her back.

ps i hope your mum get better soon as well

i'd stick to your price, remind him of the time spent on the applications.

if he does indeed give the work to the bat people, drop him an invoice for the time spent doing the applications / site visits etc.

don't be afraid of losing any future work, if he's got the other company in to do this work, you'll be quoting against them in future, guaranteed.

just for future, any client we do applications for, or help with, have site visits or anything, are informed that if the work is placed elsewhere we will be charging for the time spent.

hope this helps

i'd stick to your price, remind him of the time spent on the applications.

if he does indeed give the work to the bat people, drop him an invoice for the time spent doing the applications / site visits etc.

don't be afraid of losing any future work, if he's got the other company in to do this work, you'll be quoting against them in future, guaranteed.

just for future, any client we do applications for, or help with, have site visits or anything, are informed that if the work is placed elsewhere we will be charging for the time spent.

hope this helps

+1

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App