New Scrap Metal laws

chopperpete

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have since found out if you are a vat registered business you can open an account with the scrap yard and not show id ea time. This whole exercise is about collecting more tax of hard pressed tax payers rather than stopping theft.

You come across like a proper conspiracy theorist. :laugh1:

If the recording leads to people paying tax surely its just the tax that's due and not "more tax".

My local scrap yard runs a register of recorded ID's so you don't have to dig it out and get it copied each time and its nothing to do with VAT registration.

You come across like a proper conspiracy theorist. :laugh1:

If the recording leads to people paying tax surely its just the tax that's due and not "more tax".

My local scrap yard runs a register of recorded ID's so you don't have to dig it out and get it copied each time and its nothing to do with VAT registration.

Ours does that at the moment but you need photo id every time and no cash payments unless you are no fixed abode then you can have cash otherwise it be against your human rights . No conspiracy theory they bought out new rules which force payments into an account. Yes it is tax that is due. What they should have done was said we are clamping down on tax evasion rather than metal theft.

Ours does that at the moment but you need photo id every time and no cash payments unless you are no fixed abode then you can have cash otherwise it be against your human rights . No conspiracy theory they bought out new rules which force payments into an account. Yes it is tax that is due. What they should have done was said we are clamping down on tax evasion rather than metal theft.

Is this no fixed abode thing for real or is it an urban myth?

If it is right what stops any of us saying we have no fixed abode and driving out of the scrap yard with a pocket full of cash?

If it is right what stops any of us saying we have no fixed abode and driving out of the scrap yard with a pocket full of cash?

No idea but I cant ask my local scrap yard known the 30 years and my kids go to school with theirs. they know where I live they have been round for coffee. But I still need photo id and utility bill :lol: may be its worth some research.

I think they may have paper work of some sort, that states they are ONFA, so they can put their children in fresh schools, go to different GP's etc.

I think they may have paper work of some sort, that states they are ONFA, so they can put their children in fresh schools, go to different GP's etc.

You don't have to have paperwork to register at a gp or school in my NFA days we just walked in, said where we were parked up and registered

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App