Sly Scrap Men ?

White Noise

You all have camera phones ?. Just film them and snap every suspicious number plate. Also rear cams for vans are cheap now buy one and everyone who pulls behind you is on film ?.

Also buy the cable lock alarms, you can get 5 meter ones and lock all tools to the truck, if they try a loud alarm starts :D.

Failing that buy some form of projectile and call it ratting :D

Camera phone yes doh . In the heat of the moment I just did not think . I will now use this little device if the occasion arises again :thumbup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police are really up against it in trying to catch the scum that nick your kit,where do they start if theres no fingerprint/dna/witnesses,its down to us at the end of the day to make sure they cant take them. I had a load of gear nicked a few years ago, then went out and invested in alarms,beefed up padlocks etc, I should of done it before the breakin.

Buggers just can't be bothered her. Last year had steel RSJ's stolen from my yard opposite neighbour's house. Caught the white LWB transit & got past it in the lane, accused the two scum, & told them to replace the stuff & police were on their way.They started back down the road & then accelerated away from me. My neighbour had followed up the road & they barged his car into the ditch & got away. Just a scrape on his car luckily. We gave the police a full description of the blokes, reg. no. of the van & pictures of the shed stanchions they had stolen. Also details of another attempted robbery by the same blokes that morning less than a mile down the road: owner willing to give statement.

10 days later I got a crime number & a form letter stating no action could be taken. Wrote a formal complaint to chief constable & ended up wasting a whole afternoon whilst a barely literate PC took, & typed, statements from me & the neighbour which I could have done in 15 minutes. End result: same story as before - no action could be taken. They just can't be bothered to police the Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers, but try using a mobile phone whilst stopped in a layby & they'll jump on you.

intereated in these alarm cABLE LOCKS were can you buy them. after having hedge trimmer knicked and the police saying even with cctv can not match the person. i am starting to think do they realy want to be bothered. and rather make a easy catch sitting out of way ready to knick someone doing over speed limit. thhe countrywatch team are more proactive. but still up against it with manpower. there is never a copper when you need one.

Buggers just can't be bothered her. Last year had steel RSJ's stolen from my yard opposite neighbour's house. Caught the white LWB transit & got past it in the lane, accused the two scum, & told them to replace the stuff & police were on their way.They started back down the road & then accelerated away from me. My neighbour had followed up the road & they barged his car into the ditch & got away. Just a scrape on his car luckily. We gave the police a full description of the blokes, reg. no. of the van & pictures of the shed stanchions they had stolen. Also details of another attempted robbery by the same blokes that morning less than a mile down the road: owner willing to give statement.

10 days later I got a crime number & a form letter stating no action could be taken. Wrote a formal complaint to chief constable & ended up wasting a whole afternoon whilst a barely literate PC took, & typed, statements from me & the neighbour which I could have done in 15 minutes. End result: same story as before - no action could be taken. They just can't be bothered to police the Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers, but try using a mobile phone whilst stopped in a layby & they'll jump on you.

Fully sympathise with you, ive had breakins with no convictions , and also been done for speeding/using phone while driving, the difference is the police could convict me (cameras) but cant get the scum(no dna/fingerprints etc) If theres none of that AND they use false plates what can the police do?.There was a post on here a while ago, the guy had his chipper nicked and it was spotted on a traveller site not far from him, the police went in and questioned them, the reply was "someone must of dumped it there,but we don't know who".........end of investigation:thumbdown:

I had a bloody narrow escape recently.

House unlocked, shed lying open, popped over to the village for a message, got chatting, felt hungry, stopped for lunch etc.

Got home about 3 hrs later, just about to start whatever I was in the middle of when an immacuately livered Peugeot Partner van turned up.

Two men in their 30's or 40's with a child wedged in between.

I had real difficulty in getting rid of them, fully focussed in keeping them in the Van.

2 wonderful lilting southern brogues, and Co Monaghan number plates I think.

When they finally left I called the Police.

Who

bloody hell, had a squad car in the yard within 10 minutes.

I was embarrassed to admit that I had neither got the numberplate, nor taken photos.

Particularly annoyed with myself for not taking photos.

I suspect we have a focus on "rural crime"/ crime here in N I.

marcus

Edited by Stephen Blair

I got all 3 from a local hardware store, I guess B&Q or similar will have them. The alarm runs of a 9v battery. A determined thief will be able to cut or maybe break them, but an opportunist may well be deterred. If it gives you that extra couple of seconds then it's money well spent IMO.

I got all 3 from a local hardware store, I guess B&Q or similar will have them. The alarm runs of a 9v battery. A determined thief will be able to cut or maybe break them, but an opportunist may well be deterred. If it gives you that extra couple of seconds then it's money well spent IMO.

No idea what these cable alarms cost but if you have to replace even the cheapest stihl saw maybe £200? then as said it is money well spent