what chipper to buy

marc laycock

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might get laughed at but I've had a tw125 for 7 years and found it has served me really well. Yeh its a baby compared to some but easy to manually move around and as yet has never let me down. Might not be what you are after but I'd recommend it.

I reckon that is the best chipper TW make - I started with one and eventually PX'd it for a bigger machine. Looking back I wish I had kept it as well (but I couldn't have afforded to at the time). I have used a few since, and they punch well above their weight IMO. The fact that they are so light means that you can hand ball them anywhere. They are a bit thirsty, but this should be covered by the price of the job. They are a great machine - if I find one at the right money I will buy it.

Mr Bolam - from what I have seen of your posts I find it hard to know whether to take you seriously. Please keep up the good work!

No way!

I'd love a tracked machine, far more versatile than a tow.

Lets look at TW (just as an example).

150 about £15k

150 tracked about £28k

Seems to me they rip the arse out of the price because if you need one you will have to pay it.

I've never looked into tracked machines but Graham at Orange Plant recently to me if your looking at a used 190 there will be around £3k price increase if you go tracked???

If those prices you quoted are correct Mark I would buy a road tow and have it converted for far cheaper than £13k

Are those prices current? It is mushroom season :rolleyes:

I have a tracked 150 VTR and its great, I know people slag them off but from my experience it has been a worthwhile purchase. It will narrow down with the hopper off to 1300mm so will fit in a lot of tight places. If you look after them they are a good machine and will serve you well.

I've never looked into tracked machines but Graham at Orange Plant recently to me if your looking at a used 190 there will be around £3k price increase if you go tracked???

If those prices you quoted are correct Mark I would buy a road tow and have it converted for far cheaper than £13k

Are those prices current? It is mushroom season :rolleyes:

Those prices were on ex-demo machines from Lister Wilder 3 weeks ago Chris.

I thought I'd been on the mushrooms when I saw the price of the tracked machine!