Serendipity or misery

skyhuck

Some years ago we were contracted to fell a dying beech next to am MOD site somewhere near Guildford. Tree went the wrong way and smashed through the high security fence very near the main gatehouse. The pongo on stag sauntered over with his rifle casually positioned and said, "You gonna fix that?". "Yes." We bleated like lambs.

The client we were working for came and fixed the fence at cost and we still managed to send in a, smaller, invoice for some of the work. We continue to work for the client on many sites.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I had a misery that turned to serendipity.

The mog blow a hydraulic hose, spraying 10W's all over the road, not good :thumbdown:

Now for the last few weeks I've had an electrical fault on the mog, its been blowing fuses and various things have not been working correctly, I spent many hours digging around trying to find the short, but to no avail.

So I got the hose off and sure enough the place where it had rubbed through it had also rubbed through the wiring!! So I have finally found the short!!!:thumbup:

Got a new hose and fitted it, so down time was only about one hour.

Misery,the connie hedge reductions when you cant get inside or round the back,but looked straight forward when i priced it.

Serendipity

Today started on a 200 metre connie hedge removal,priced it to cover a monumentous drag of 150 metres to where my chipper and farm dump trailer where.First thing the head gardner says is 'you can use the 2 john deere garden tractors and trailers if you want'.So the arb trolley stayed on the truck and i think god willing that we shoud now be finished a day and a half early this week.

Misery:

Every day that I was employed.

Serendipity:

Priced three days to dismantle a very tricky Oak. Got there and realised that if I removed two low branches we could winch it backwards into the clients woodland where he said we could leave it lying. Arrived at 8am, out at 1:30pm.

Kerchiiing!!!

Misery:

Every day that I was employed.

Serendipity:

Priced three days to dismantle a very tricky Oak. Got there and realised that if I removed two low branches we could winch it backwards into the clients woodland where he said we could leave it lying. Arrived at 8am, out at 1:30pm.

Kerchiiing!!!

We had one like this last year, a large sycamore in a caravan park- put a day on it. Got there, winched it into the woodland and the owner said just leave it as it fell. So we were done by 10.30am and in the pub an hour later- it was a Saturday after all.

That was the serendipity.

misery - I remember pricing a job to remove the chippings so ive got my tipper transit and chipper. The gardener said " you can chip on this tarporlin" I thought great - after I had done that I was preparing to leave and he said "what about the chippings being removed?" he though it would be easier to chip on the tarporlin than straight on the back of the tranny lol - I was fuming at the time and told him what an idiot he was.I had to shovel it all up.

misery - I remember pricing a job to remove the chippings so ive got my tipper transit and chipper. The gardener said " you can chip on this tarporlin" I thought great - after I had done that I was preparing to leave and he said "what about the chippings being removed?" he though it would be easier to chip on the tarporlin than straight on the back of the tranny lol - I was fuming at the time and told him what an idiot he was.I had to shovel it all up.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: